Thread: My whole system has stopped working! Need some help troubleshooting.

New User

My whole system has stopped working! Need some help troubleshooting.

Last night, we noticed one of the radions was off. Went closer to investigate, and it appears the whole apex system is down. All circulating pumps were off, and temperature was down to 19C. 1 radion off, the other on. apex fusion disconnected. Apex controller was a blue blank screen. Solid green light on the base controller, with flashing orange lights on all the modules and power bars.
    I cant connect to the apex via fusion, and even on PC via Ethernet cable.
    The radions and vortech pumps which were connected via the WXM module have been connected to a separaqte power source (not the apex), and they work for about 30 seconds and then power down. (is this becasue they need to have a working link to the WXM module?), or have they both been damaged somehow. Also one of the radions is doing the same thing.
    My feeling is that the base unit has died, but since a cant get into it, I really cant test anything.

Any thoughts, suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Have sent a ticket to neptunesystems, and am waiting for a reply.
    Im in Australia, so I cant just find a local retailer and get a new one to try.
    No deaths in the tank yet, but it really is back to basics now until i find a solution.

On your main unit r u plugged in with aquabus or ac adaptor?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

New User
    aquabus

Try and fine an extra ac adaptors from like a DVD player or cordless phone and plug that into main unit.. I was having same problem and did that and everything powered back on..

New User
    thanks. Ill give that a try. Have tried disconnecting everything from power and reconnecting. Ive powered the system on and off several times, but it has made no difference. Ive even tried to supply power via the 2 powerbars individually. Thats why I think the base unit is fried, even though there is a green light on. Ill try the AC option if I can.

I did same thing.. But power adapter somehow saved me..
    http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/12v-po...pRJBoCbjzw_wcB

Try and get something that matches those specs.. I'm no expert but that worked for me

New User
    Tried the 12V adapter, but still nothing. I dont think its a power issue, as Ive disconnected the two power bars, and tried them both individually.

That totally stinks... Re flash firmware?

New User
    Dont know how. The display is blank, and it wont connect to the PC. So I cant remotely access it at all.

Do u have backup heaters u can use to maintain temp? And is main pump working on tank?

New User
    backup heater has been set up. Return pump is working. So there is enough to keep things relatively safe and stable.
    Just no circulation pumps, and one light is working.
    I can get the skimmer and ATO working.
    I might need to find a way to revert the radions and vortechs back to their original (non WXM) state, so that I can get them working again in the meantime via the ecotech app.

New User
    I'm experiencing the same thing and I'm freaking out!! It's been days! I've tried to reboot, and update firmware but can't cause I have no display screen. Following eagerly awaiting a solution. Please help anyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickb View Post
    backup heater has been set up. Return pump is working. So there is enough to keep things relatively safe and stable.
    Just no circulation pumps, and one light is working.
    I can get the skimmer and ATO working.
    I might need to find a way to revert the radions and vortechs back to their original (non WXM) state, so that I can get them working again in the meantime via the ecotech app.
    Most likely your pumps are not working because they have been programmed with fallback OFF . So when the connection with the controlled is severed , the pumps will turn OFF by themselves . A temporary solution to get them working again , reset the pumps to factory specs and you will be able to use them manually , the same with radions . I doubt much your controller is fried , most likely the firmware got corrupted somehow . Get yourself a power adapter to power the brain , disconnect everything from it and reflash the firmware .
    Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Did you get resolution to your issue? My apex just did the same thing from reading your first post.

EB’s and other modules flashing orange, keypad screen solid blue, apex head unit is lite up green. Have it powered via ext 12v, have power reset it several times. Is non responsive via Ethernet on most recent IP address. Been at least a month or more since the last firmware update. Frustrating

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala de Plata View Post
    Did you get resolution to your issue? My apex just did the same thing from reading your first post.

EB’s and other modules flashing orange, keypad screen solid blue, apex head unit is lite up green. Have it powered via ext 12v, have power reset it several times. Is non responsive via Ethernet on most recent IP address. Been at least a month or more since the last firmware update. Frustrating
    After some emails and calls to neptune systems, they diagnosed that my apex base unit had failed. Unfortunately it was out of warranty, so the only resolution was with a $300 replacement base unit from Neptune.
    Got the new one, plugged it in, restored from an old backup, and it was working perfectly again.

Send an email to customer support, and hopefully if its in warranty, they should replace it for you.

Good Luck.

(and it was only the base unit that needed replacing. Everything else was OK)

Frequent Visitor
    Appreciate the reply, that’s unfortunate yours was out of warranty. I would guess mine is also, but not sure.

Thanks again