Thread: Weird issue with DOS

Frequent Visitor

Weird issue with DOS

Had my DOS for about 3 months now with no issues. Last 2 days or so I see it shows in Fusion as dosing 25.7ml/day for each when it should be 27.5. Look at the logs it shows when you click the DOS icon on Fusion and it appears correct for each day. Then I noticed something odd, it is currently 12:50AM here, yet my DOS shows it has dosed 26 times since Midnight and the last dose was at 0420. Interesting trick when that is 3.5 hours from now. Apparently it is now dosing in the future? I see it jumps from dose 9 at 0040 to dose 10 at 0300 and if I refresh now it will show a dose at 0045, 0050, 0055 too. Just not sure why the 0300-0420 are there now. So it appears that it never really doses between 3am-4:20am as that is 9 doses and at .2 each is the missing 1.8 per day.
    dos.jpg

Apex 2016 firmware is latest, DOS firmware is current, I ran an update on the DOS again, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Frequent Visitor
    So this morning it shows 27.5ml dosed the last 24 hours. So now things appear normal. I will check tonight after midnight to see if it still showing doses from the future. Now I just need to test and figure out how much I need to add alk/cal to makeup for when the DOS was not dosing the correct amount. Then to figure out how to make the DOS do a manual dose of that amount, something that should be much easier to do than it seems to be. All my feed cycles are used with other stuff so think I need to create a profile and virtual outlet to accomplish a simple task.

Weird issue with DOS

If logged times appear off from your local time, either the Apex time zone is not set correctly or the time zone in the device you are using to access Apex Fusion or Apex Local is not set correctly.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    If logged times appear off from your local time, either the Apex time zone is not set correctly or the time zone in the device you are using to access Apex Fusion or Apex Local is not set correctly.
    I would have to respectfully disagree, the time shown on Fusion is correct, my PC is correct, my phones and tablets are correct. Something else is going on. All the times have been correct and now suddenly this happens, and I see no signs of any time being wrong anywhere, let alone on 5 devices and the Apex.

Also I literally sat and watched the DOS dose and then update Fusion at the proper times 0055, 0100, 0105, all the while still showing doses at 0300-0420. It just added them above those times as it should.

The time shown by Fusion is adjusted for the time zone of the viewing device. Check the Apex time zone in the Apex clock settings. It should be -6 with DST enabled for you there in IL
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The time shown by Fusion is adjusted for the time zone of the viewing device. Check the Apex time zone in the Apex clock settings. It should be -6 with DST enabled for you there in IL
    Yes sir, shows -6 currently. I will keep an eye out tonight and see if it was just some one off weirdness. If it happens again I will open a support ticket to see if they see anything goofy. Right now everything appears to be working as it should. Perhaps updating the DOS firmware last night did something. It was already on the current version (7), but figured it wouldn't hurt to tell it to update anyway.

Frequent Visitor
    So I checked tonight and everything is back to normal. Also figured out how to configure a manual dose without using a feed mode. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I still think the option for a manual one time dose should be implemented in Fusion in an easier way.