Thread: Dyndns help

Frequent Visitor

Dyndns help

I recently had to change my xfinity Comcast modem and they installed a new one that has a built in router. Now my dyndns address doesn't work anymore.

I tried changing the port from 8181 to 9000 and also tried putting the new modem/router in bridge mode and that didn't work. I already changed the IP address on the dyndns site to match my IP address at home. Basically I've tried everything that I know of and can't get it to work.

It does work while I'm at home but only if I type my internal IP address and the port.

Please help

Thank You

Did you set up port forwarding in the new router?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I didn't plan on using the new modem as a router so I didn't set it up for port forwarding. I can access it by logging in but I'm not exactly sure how to set up port forwarding on it unless I just copy the settings from the netgear router. I'm using my netgear router which is setup for port forwarding. When I type in my dyndns address while I'm at home using port 8080 it takes me to my Comcast modem tho.

Frequent Visitor

Try again to put the new xfinity unit in bridge mode - that is the best way to handle your double router situation. Make sure the Netgear has DHCP enabled for the WAN/Internet interface first, then do the bridge mode change, and then restart the Netgear.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm not sure why that didn't work the first time I did it, but it worked this time! Thank You Russ!