Thread: Help programming DOS for autmatic water changes

Regular Vistor

Help programming DOS for autmatic water changes

I would like to set up my Biocube 14 gallon reef tank for automatic water changes. I have a Eshopps nano cube for a refugium and a Eshopps PF-Nano overflow box that drains the water from the display to the sump. I use a Tunze nano ATO system with the float valve in my sump.

I will place the DOS in my sump cabinet and allow the DOS to extract water from the sump and replace the water with fresh water. I have two 2.5 gallon containers that will hold the dirty water and the clean water to replace the dirty water removed by the DOS. I will also place a Neptune Optic water level sensor in each container.

I just want the DOS to perform water changes maybe over 2 days during the week to supplement my 10-15% regular water changes that I perform every Sunday. So I need a good program that takes all of this into consideration and avoid potential complications that my escape my planning. I figure someone can probably help me to set all of this up the right way.

Regular Vistor
    Can anyone help me out with some suggestions? Does anyone have the DOS sedt up for water changes? I don't want to risk screwing up my Biocube 14 system with attempts at the automatic water changes, especially considering the small water volumes if I can avoid so any tips including program suggestions would be very helpful.

Add some floats or optical sensors to your sump. One high level, One low level. Add a block to in the advanced tab so that the DOS will not run if the water level is low or high to avoid doing changes when the water level isn't at the right level. Make sure you check the salinity regularly and a conductivity probe would be helpful is well if you want an extra layer of protection and help make the checking more automatic.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.