Thread: ATK with peristaltic pump

New User

ATK with peristaltic pump

How far away can my reservoir be from the tank if I decide to use the PMUP ? Can I use the ATK with my existing Peristaltic pump (which I would prefer) and still retain the features of the ATK? Would I need to do custom programming in order to do this?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    The main limitations of the PMUP pump would be the power cable length and the head height. The power cable is just a 2 wire cable, so it could easily be spliced and extended. I think the max head height of the PMUP pump is 14 feet.

I think Neptune sells bare 1 link cables for DIY projects, so if your peristaltic pump is 24V you could hook it up (check the current draw before you do this, though.) Otherwise, if your pump is a 120V pump you'd have to use a 24V relay to control a 120V outlet to control it.

New User
    Is there no way to use the ATK for the input to the Apex and have it trigger an outlet on my EB8? I am using the breakout box with floats to trigger the EB8 outlet now. It works but I would love to have some of the redundat features and security of the ATK.

Frequent Visitor
    Sorry - I was assuming you were referring to the stand-alone configuration. Yes, if you have an Apex then you can definitely program outlets based on the level sensor inputs. I don't have the code but I'm pretty sure I've seen some examples here. (Sorry I can't be of more help with the programming)

Quote Originally Posted by l0nemonk View Post
    How far away can my reservoir be from the tank if I decide to use the PMUP ? Can I use the ATK with my existing Peristaltic pump (which I would prefer) and still retain the features of the ATK? Would I need to do custom programming in order to do this?
    Horizontal distance is not much of a factor for the PMUP.

As for using a third-party peristaltic pump, sure, you can do that, using the optical sensors in the ATK assembly to control the operation of the pump. You will not be able to use the ATK Task though. However, you can program the pump outlet to do ATO in a similar manner to the programming which is generated by the ATK Task does. Once you decide which way to go, post back here on the forum if you need assistance in programming. If you do opt to use the peristaltic pump, it's going to be important to let the folks here know the flow rate of that pump.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    The power cable is just a 2 wire cable, so it could easily be spliced and extended.
    Neptune also sells a 10ft long 2-pin male/female extension cable for use with DC24 accessories like the PMUP and SV-1 solenoid valve - no cutting/splicing is needed. https://www.neptunesystems.com/cables/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Russ- thanks for the 1link extension cable link - hadn't seen those.

Regarding using ATK Task to setup, am I correct that you could use Task to set it up and then modify the programming from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    Russ- thanks for the 1link extension cable link - hadn't seen those.

Regarding using ATK Task to setup, am I correct that you could use Task to set it up and then modify the programming from there?
    Yes, it can be modified; the resultant programming should be good for many people's ATO needs, but some may choose to fine-tune it or may need to change it to accommodate less-common situations.

Frequent Visitor
    Careful as the cable can't be longer than 6 meters. So yes horizontal distance is a factor.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk