Thread: Leak detection probes

Regular Vistor

Leak detection probes

I just hooked a couple of these up but don't see them showing up in Fusion anywhere. Where should I be looking? I read the get started guide but it seems to have been written before Fusion?

Frequent Visitor
    Look in the unused tile area. In the top left corner of Fusion there is a lock symbol. Press that and the unused tiles show up. You can then drag them to the Fusion display

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    Look in the unused tile area. In the top left corner of Fusion there is a lock symbol. Press that and the unused tiles show up. You can then drag them to the Fusion display
    I looked there but not sure how to tell where they are at. I have two FMM's so I have:
    SWX_1-4 (2 sets of these) but that's all they say

Quote Originally Posted by MIReefer View Post
    I looked there but not sure how to tell where they are at. I have two FMM's so I have:
    SWX_1-4 (2 sets of these) but that's all they say
    SWX are your sensor switches (Leak detectors or Opticals). 1-4 being which port they are plugged into.
    Open the unused tiles and drag them in if you want to see them.

Click the gear icon and see what it says at the bottom. It could be SWX_3 "Digital Switch 3 on the FMM" You can then rename it to Leak3, or maybe Leak_F (Floor) Leak_S (Stand)
    They should be Open and grey. They will become Closed and turn orange once they detect water.

You can use
    Code:
    If Leak3 CLOSED then OFF
    for return pumps and ATO to stop them from running.

Code:
    If Leak3 CLOSED then ON
    In your email alerts to notify you.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by eschulist View Post
    SWX are your sensor switches (Leak detectors or Opticals). 1-4 being which port they are plugged into.
    Open the unused tiles and drag them in if you want to see them.

Click the gear icon and see what it says at the bottom. It could be SWX_3 "Digital Switch 3 on the FMM" You can then rename it to Leak3, or maybe Leak_F (Floor) Leak_S (Stand)
    They should be Open and grey. They will become Closed and turn orange once they detect water.

You can use
    Code:
    If Leak3 CLOSED then OFF
    for return pumps and ATO to stop them from running.

Code:
    If Leak3 CLOSED then ON
    In your email alerts to notify you.

Thanks! I just have to figure out which FMM I have them plugged into. One of the FMM is at aqua bus address 4 and one is at address 5. I can see the four ports on each but there is no indication that anything is plugged into any of them. I was expecting to see "LD-1" or something like that to click on and configure

You have to configure the port on the FMM to tell it there is a leak detector plugged into it. You do that in the module setup page. Once you choose the type of sensor plugged in it will show the appropriate name for the input.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    You have to configure the port on the FMM to tell it there is a leak detector plugged into it. You do that in the module setup page. Once you choose the type of sensor plugged in it will show the appropriate name for the input.
    Thats what I was looking for! Thanks!

Leak detection probes

Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    This is wrong. It is not necessary to manually set the port mode. The leak detector will be auto-detected. Setting the port mode manually for a leak sensor will not change anything about how or if the corresponding switch input is displayed.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

MIreefer, eschulist gave you good advice.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    This is wrong. It is not necessary to manually set the port mode. The leak detector will be auto-detected. Setting the port mode manually for a leak sensor will not change anything about how or if the corresponding switch input is displayed.
    Thanks Russ I noticed that all 8 ports (2 FMM's) were default set to leak sensors. I just need to properly name the two that actually have the sensors. Then I'm guessing I go to the outputs section and set up my alarms

Regular Vistor
    I don't see gear icons on my Swx7_1 thru 4 of my FMM

Tiles for switch inputs only show the state of the input; they are not configurable, so there is no gear button.

If you wish to rename them, use the Inputs page of Apex Fusion or Apex Local if you have an Apex 2016, or use the Probe/Inputs setup page of the Classic Dashboard if you have an Apex Classic model.

Please update your user profile here - it says that you do not have a controller. Select which Apex model you have and complete the other fields too. That info is requested because it can often help others help you.