Thread: apex classic dashboard hasnt got "link to fusion"going round and round in circles

New User

apex classic dashboard hasnt got "link to fusion"going round and round in circles

so ive conected my apex classic up and used a sky wireless rooter box,aqua controller says on apex fusion comms ok (so is it conected)?.i try to go on app on iphone signed in ok, says you dont have access to an apex at this time?so ive gone to find dash board (major headache)and got an ip but can only see it with admin 1234, my temp comes up, ph comes up,seems from apex data log thats it mine cause its only got log from 21.50 on the 09/06/17 which is when i pluged it in last night.apex fusion sight says choose "link to fusion"on your apex dashboard.you will be provided with a token. where the hell is it on dash board cant find any LINK TO FUSION anywhere why so difficult to set up am i missing something . frank

apex classic dashboard hasnt got "link to fusion"going round and round in circles

It sounds like your Apex is linked to a different Fusion account than you signed into from your iPhone.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    what do i do now does that mean im looking at whoever owned it before me dashboard? dont get how i see my dashboard then took ages to find that one got ip off aqua controller display put that in search bar then could only get it to anything by typing in admin 1234.Cant believe how difficult a simple procedure is being made loosing the will to live.All i want to do is get it to run my heaters but ive no idea wich sockets are for heaters gonna end up in bin and buy a simple heater controller and stick with my reef link took 5 mins to set that up works everytime

wirewiggler
    you can re-initialize memory and that will make it give you new token, however you will loose all your programing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ellis View Post
    you can re-initialize memory and that will make it give you new token, however you will loose all your programing
    In this case that is probably best as he is at a fresh start to begin with. In any other case the best procedure is (stop when it starts working) 1. Troubleshoot network (make sure everything there works). 2. Update firmware 3. Disable fusion, restart, and reenable fusion and link again.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

wirewiggler
    I do not know why they make it so difficult to get Apex to issue a new token for Fusion, but sometimes it is better to back up your configuration reinitialize get all your housekeeping in order reconnect and then restore. It seems to leave less loose ends.

I do not know why they make it so difficult to get Apex to issue a new token for Fusion, but sometimes it is better to back up your configuration reinitialize get all your housekeeping in order reconnect and then restore. It seems to leave less loose ends.
    It's cause the process is designed to remember the data so it stays the same after reboots, changing routers, etc. so people don't have to redo work in fusion if they move or change things around. Considering most people initialize to factory default anyway when they buy a used apex it's usually a non issue.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

wirewiggler
    actually it did come back to bite me, I sold one of my tanks wit apex classic. To be nice I set I up at my house with a new fusion account and configuration when I moved it to their house of course it does not work new location and new router. I have to figure out how to make the classic issue a new token.

To be nice I set I up at my house with a new fusion account and configuration when I moved it to their house of course it does not work new location and new router. I have to figure out how to make the classic issue a new token.
    This sounds like a network configuration issue rather than having anything to do with the token or link to Fusion. I've moved Apexes between different networks many times without any Fusion link or other Fusion communications issues.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

wirewiggler
    You were correct went to their house and it was not even plugged into their router, I guess they thought everything is wireless an automatically connects to there network.