Thread: Apex Jr. Capabilitys, can it turn off skimmer if return pump shuts off.

New User

Apex Jr. Capabilitys, can it turn off skimmer if return pump shuts off.

Hi! I posted a help question back in April regarding my Apex Jr., only got 1 reply that didn't offer any help to answer my questions. The person basically said to read the manual. Which I have over and over again and I still can't figure out how to program my skimmer to turn off when the return pump turns off (on loss of power, trips or is turned off). I have watched a couple of videos on this and used the suggested program settings they say to use and it still doesn't work. I keep getting error messages that say it doesn't recognize or can't find the module. I dont have any modules all I have right now is the Apex Jr. with my skimmer plugged into base_Out1(outlet) & my return pump plugged into base_Out3(outlet). is there a way to program my Jr. to do this or is the Apex Jr not capable of doing this?
    Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes this can be done.

can you post your code for both outlets so we can help you troubleshoot why it isn't working. To do this choose the advanced control type and then copy and past the code.

the actual code you want is an if outlet statement and since you read the manual and I am sure saw examples of exactly what you are trying to do you are surely using this so it's probably a syntax thing. Outlet names are case sensitive so double check the outlet name to be sure it matches.

also, what is the error you are getting and when do you get it? Knowing what the error is will also help us help you.

Here is my code for my skimmer
    it also turns off when I press feed buttons and it waits a while to restart after the return pump starts
    also turns off if any of my floats ( or water leakage) close
    put this into the outlet your Skimmer is plugged into

Fallback OFF
    Set ON
    If Output ReturnPu3_2 = OFF Then OFF
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 015 Then OFF
    If FeedC 030 Then OFF
    If FeedD 045 Then OFF
    If SUMP6 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Floor CLOSED Then OFF
    If Cabine CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 010:00 Then ON

Quote Originally Posted by jkacir01 View Post
    Hi! I posted a help question back in April regarding my Apex Jr., only got 1 reply that didn't offer any help to answer my questions. The person basically said to read the manual. Which I have over and over again and I still can't figure out how to program my skimmer to turn off when the return pump turns off (on loss of power, trips or is turned off). I have watched a couple of videos on this and used the suggested program settings they say to use and it still doesn't work. I keep getting error messages that say it doesn't recognize or can't find the module. I dont have any modules all I have right now is the Apex Jr. with my skimmer plugged into base_Out1(outlet) & my return pump plugged into base_Out3(outlet). is there a way to program my Jr. to do this or is the Apex Jr not capable of doing this?
    Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Your Apex can turn your skimmer OFF if the return pump is also turn OFF by programming or the pump outlet is manually turn OFF using the pump outlet on the Apex .It also can prevent or delay the skimmer to turn back ON after a power failure It cannot detect if someone unplug the power cord , the pump fry or other similar events .
    Alain

Apex Fusion has a new feature called Tasks. One is for basic programming of a return pump outlet. Another is for programming a skimmer's outlet to tie its operation to that of the return pump, including a skimmer startup delay.

Run the Return Pump Task, then the Skimmer Task.

Then edit the return pump output program, and add this line to the end:

If Power Apex OFF 001 Then OFF

When posting about a programming issue, always post full details, including the existing programming, the programming you are trying to use, and the exact error message you get (if any). Such info helps us help you better.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Below are my
    Output config's for Skimmer and return pump

Device --- base_Out1
    Name --- Skimmer1_l1
    Skimmer Program:
    Fallback OFF
    Set ON
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

Return Pump Program:
    Device --- base_Out3
    Name --- Pump_l3
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Send Config
    Send Failed
    //Error: line3 - Module not found // If Power base_Out3 = OFF Then OFF
    i have tried other "If statements" in line 3 basically get same error message on any thing I try.

I've heard about the Neptune tasks but can't find them or don't know where to locate them. Are they in a newer firmware update I'm running version 4.40J - 3A16.

The Tasks are in Apex Fusion, as I already said . Look in the left icon group - there will be a button that looks like this:

You can't use an outlet/output name in an If Power statement. The valid keywords after the If are "Apex" or an EnergyBar module name.

What you want to use in your skimmer outlet program is this: If Outlet output-name = OFF Then OFF. Use the actual outlet name.

Then add a Defer statement:

Defer 3:00 Then ON

The full skimmer program:

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Outlet output-name = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 3:00 Then ON

The Skimmer Task will do this for you. Some Tasks do require newer firmware, but IIRC, the Return Pump and Skimmer Tasks do not.

You should update to the latest firmware regardless. https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-now-available

Lastly, add the If Power statement previously given into your return pump output program.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Problem resolved, thanks for your help!