Thread: Losing / Rebooting Network causes Apex to reboot?

Regular Vistor

Losing / Rebooting Network causes Apex to reboot?

Has anyone noticed or had a similar issue? When I reboot my network (routers / cable modem / Wireless bridges) - the apex will also reboot? After cycling my router and cable modem, My 300 gallon tank (completely run by Apex) also acted as-if I had a quick power outage and cycled everything connected to it. It's not a complete power outage I'm talking about here - it's simply rebooting my router / cable modem.

I have two tanks with two Apex Classics. Both are connected to the network via the following:
    Apex: Ethernet to Wireless bridge: Wireless bridge to wireless router: Wireless router Ethernet to Cable Modem: cable Modem to internet.

I have configured both to connect to fusion and dont have any issues seeing and controlling the tanks with fusion or connecting directly to the Apex's internal IP addresses.

One day when I accidentally turned off my router and cable modem - I came out to my 300 and it was sputtering like I had a quick power reset (i use two return pumps and if both are not allowed to completely drain back into the sump and experience the siphon break- one will fail to overcome the back siphon and wont turn back on while the 2nd pump runs normally).

This doesn't occur every time I reset the modem/router. I would guess it occurs 1 in 5 resets.

Had a similar but not exactly the same problem once. Ended up being corrupt firmware after updating with a Ethernet cord that my dog chewed on and damaged a wire. Try updating the firmware and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    no luck. Updated to 4.52L_5A17 last night and rebooted my network today. While the network was down, the 300 gallon went and re-started itself (it's the same behavior as if I went in to Setup / Network / restart).

I noticed my 150 did not reboot itself (as it's in the same room as my network equipment). The 150 is an Apex Lite and the 300 is an Apex Classic.

Regular Vistor
    Scratch that - the 150 (Apex Lite) just rebooted itself as well after losing connection to the internet.

Regular Vistor
    Does anyone have any outlet programming tips to alleviate this issue? a defer statement on the returns?

This basic form will delay an outlet after a reboot or power outage where XXX is the number of minutes you want to delay it.

If Power APEX OFF xxx Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    well, this was a complete surprise. Since I wasn't getting any traction here I contacted support on this issue.

Long story short: the abilty to access the classic screens outside the network appears to have been causing the apex reboot issue.

By changing the DHCP from off to ON (and not using a static IP) and changing the port back to 80 and removing the port forwarding rules in my modem appears to have fixed my issue.

Now I can only access the apex systems using fusion. I guess that's agreeable.