Thread: Haven't updated firmware BY MYSELF in 3 years. NS did it for me FEB 2017 and need another.

Haven't updated firmware BY MYSELF in 3 years. NS did it for me FEB 2017 and need another.

Had my Apex Classic sitting unused for a couple of years and got in going again this year with big help from NS Support. Now need another firmware update. I think the .hex file isn't getting unzipped. I clicked on update hex file and the green bar went across but it didn't list any files updated. I haven't unzipped a file in 5 years. My windows just tonight tried to get me to download an upzipper app I think.

Also having problems with Apex clock setup. The classic dashboard clock keeps going from 18:30 to 19:00 I think.

It has to be unzipped for it to work. If your windows doesn't come with WinZip, WinRar or 7zip are good free alternatives

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Haven't updated firmware BY MYSELF in 3 years. NS did it for me FEB 2017 and need another.

Windows 7 and later have zip support built in. Right click on the downloaded firmware zip file, select Extract All, and choose the Open Folder After Extracting (or whatever it says - I don't recall the exact wording. Then, double click the Apex Flash Utility. There should be no reason to use the Browse button - the aqua4.hex file should already be pre-populated.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.