Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foscam FI9821P v2

Regular Vistor

Foscam FI9821P v2

I am trying to setup my new foscam and ran the setup info in Adding Foscam FI9821 video feed to Fusion

but when I run the first http command instead of getting
    <CGI_Result>
    <result>0</result>
    </CGI_Result>

I get
    <CGI_Result>
    <result>-2</result>
    </CGI_Result>

what does this mean?
    when I run the next http line I don't get any video

please advise
    thanks
    Phil

New User
    Same here same cam and I cant get mine to work either

New User
    I had the same problem last night. This morning after running: http://Your_Camera_IP_Address:Port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr= User_Name&pwd=Password
    I have:
    <CGI_Result>
    <result>0</result>
    </CGI_Result>

and streaming in Fusion works fine. No idea why

camera Foscam FI9821P v2

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by macmaster View Post
    What IMAGE TYPE to you select in Fusion? What URL format did you use? Thanks!
    Motion JPEG, I followed instruction from:
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...feed-to-Fusion

Regular Vistor
    tried again and got
    <CGI_Result>
    <result<-1>

what next?

New User
    Try to reboot camera and enter the same command again

Regular Vistor
    rebooted
    got -2 this time

Any luck with this ? I'm in the same boat.

Regular Vistor
    no progress and foscam tech support haven't help. Maybe you could try them. I am in australia, perhaps a phone call would help

New User
    2016-02-20 (1).png

Screen shot of my video settings. You can try one more time with the same setting

Regular Vistor
    where do I get these? The address for my foscam doesn't work in browser now but I can access webcam via myfoscam website!

New User
    I don't use myfoscam website. I logged in to camera settings over my local network.

Regular Vistor
    ok finally got back in! so frustrating. the only difference is the sub stream resolution; will try again

Regular Vistor
    still -2
    tried firefox and safari

Regular Vistor
    found this on foscam forum site and it works!!!!

How to fetch snapshots and MJPEG stream on HD cameras

by FOSCAM » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:24 am
    Hi everyone,

In order to assist with some customer requests of a HTTP URL stream for fetching JPG snapshots and MJPEG streams on HD cameras, the Foscam R&D team was able to add these features in the latest firmware!

Note: The R2/C2/FI9900P IP Camera models currently don't support the MJPEG stream.

First, please upgrade your camera with the latest firmware to use these two features.

Please see this forum thread for more information on how to download and install the latest firmware.

Fetching JPG snapshots by URL parameters

The URL example is as follows:

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=xxx

Use the above to attain a snapshot image, this also supports fetching the highest resolution stream image.

Fetching MJPEG stream by URL

There are two steps needed to fetch the MJPEG URL stream.

Step 1: Set one of the streams to MJPEG.

As the current chipset on HD camerasonly supports two H.264 streams (Mainstream and Substream), we need to set one of the streams to an MJPEG stream, as the chipset does not support three streams. After we set one of the streams to an MJPEG stream, we can fetch the videostream using an HTTP URL.

Here is an example URL on how to set one stream to an MJPEG stream:

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr= admin&pwd=

Here “1” sets an MJPEG stream, if we don't want to set the MJPEG stream, we would set the number to “0”, “0” sets an H.264 stream.

When inputting this URL and pushing "Enter" in your browser, it will return the following result:

<CGI_Result>
    <result>0</result>
    </CGI_Result>

Step 2: After setting the MJPEG stream, it can be fetched using an HTTP URL.

See the example HTTP URL you would use to fetch the MJPEG videostream. Note that this differs from older MJPEG cameras like the FI8910W, but the videostream result is the same.

http://ip address:port/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=admin&pwd=xxx

Simply replace the IP address, port, username, and password into the above URL to access your camera's MJPEG stream.

Great news !

I wonder what's different about this one vs the sticky by Aquamanic ? I will crertainly give it a go today. First thing will be to update firmwRe if needed. I have camera now accessible from an iPhone app so I know it's "getting out" but would love to have it integrated into Fusion. I'll let you know how I make out !

New User
    Fox did this work for you?

Frequent Visitor
    had same issues setting substream on my FI9826P V2,,, update to the latest firmware today.,, voila,,, all is good

New User
    Following

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

New User
    Similar to plockie, I've upgraded the firmware on my FI9826P and still get the "-2" result. Does anyone know why? I've tried on I.E., chrome and safari...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Has anyone figured this out I have tried everything in al the thread I can find and still get -3 or -2 and nothing works.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpastgone View Post
    Has anyone figured this out I have tried everything in al the thread I can find and still get -3 or -2 and nothing works.
    I just tried the directions above using Chrome and they worked for me, at least to set the substream and then fetch it. I had the integration into the classic dashboard working a couple of years ago, but with Apex firmware changes, it quit working and I haven't tried that part again.

I hate to ask, but are you sure you are typing in the url cmds exactly as listed above with the correct IP, username and password?

New User
    After I posted the above, I went to my classic dashboard (still had the camera pane) and it was working! Will wonders never cease.

New User
    Also, I put the long version of the url into the settings for my media window in Fusion and it works too! You use to have to use a shortened url through goo.gl, but then your ip, username and password are exposed to the world and the shortened url can't be deleted. When my WAN IP changed (got a new cable modem), I never went back to goo.gl to create a shortened url due to the "can't delete" problem.

Anyway, all of the above instructions work when I'm connected to my local network. Hope this helps.

New User
    Just got this to work for me!

My default browser was Edge...that was one issue. Tried stuff thru IE, and Firefox as well....until someone here mentioned Chrome.

Did the steps to set stream thru Chrome, still got the -2 result. BUT, after re-entering info to view camera into fusion, it popped right up.

When I look at Fusion thru Edge browser, I don't see the video. When I look at Fusion from Chrome browser, I see video! So not exactly sure whats going on, but all I can say is setting up thru Chrome, and viewing thru Chrome is working. Now I need to set chrome to default browser like I should have a year ago.

Thanks to all who have posted their results.

Also a big hiccup for me was camera firmware as I had not done any updates since day one, had to update firmware twice to get it to current version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast