Thread: Remove alarm notification

New User

Remove alarm notification

I cannot get the alarm notification to go away. I removed probes to place in New magnetic holder and alarm sounded for salt. I received the alarm notification, then the off notification.

Everyone I open fusion I get a minor heart palpitation because I see the alarm showing a 1. How can I reset it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That badge does not indicate that an alarm is active. From the Fusion Release Notes dated 15 May 2017:

Alerts

If there's something that requires your attention, such as a bouncing notification method, a calendar event due, or an AOS update available, you'll be alerted via a badge on the menu entry pertaining to the alert, and via a summary badge at the top of the menu. In the case of a mobile view, a summary alert total will appear at the left of the menu bar.

Clicking on any of the summary badges will bring up a dialog describing the alerts that are present; clicking on an alert will jump directly to the appropriate location to deal with the alert.

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Russ,

Thanks for the reply! I know it does not necessarily mean any alarm but when the alert is clicked, the dialog box informs me of an alarm which then leads to the alarm history. No matter what it pertains to how of at all can I get that "1" to reset.

Remove alarm notification

Argh! Sorry - I left out a word - I meant to write that it does not always indicate that an alarm is active.

There are three alarm outputs- any one of them could be on, making the badge appear. Only the email alarm shows a alarm history. Check the other two (SndWarn and SndAlrm) - one of them is probably on.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I am also repeatedly having the email alarm repeatedly go off, and when I turn it off, and then turn to auto, it goes back on. The conductivity measurement falls squarely between the minimum and maximum that I set, so it shouldn't be going off. Please help! This alarm is driving me crazy!!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jkriegs123 View Post
    I am also repeatedly having the email alarm repeatedly go off, and when I turn it off, and then turn to auto, it goes back on. The conductivity measurement falls squarely between the minimum and maximum that I set, so it shouldn't be going off. Please help! This alarm is driving me crazy!!! Thanks.
    Do you have a defer in your alarm?

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    check the inputs section.

I am in the same exact boat. I have only had my Apex up and running for a few days and this single 1 is bothering me. I keep trying to find out where and what is causing it to stay on. I would only like to see it if there is a new alert that I need to view. It remaining on all day every day kind of defeats the purpose. Any fixes yet?

Frequent Visitor
    I had this for weeks. My alarm would go off every hour showing the “alarm OFF” statement.

Check the alarm settings for each of your probes and move the parameter range as from what I understand the OFF alarm is when your current probe is measuring close to one or the alarm parameters.
    Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clokey99 View Post
    I had this for weeks. My alarm would go off every hour showing the “alarm OFF” statement.

Check the alarm settings for each of your probes and move the parameter range as from what I understand the OFF alarm is when your current probe is measuring close to one or the alarm parameters.
    Hope that makes sense.

If it says status OFF Set OFF, then yes it usually means that. If it says status ON Set OFF that means the alarm was left in manual ON.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Cant get rid of my alarm also for SALT. Its set to NEVER in the inputs.

Regular Vistor
    I have a alarm log notification for salinity every hour, by default, but I dont set alarm log for salinity. Whats more, I use Apex in freshwater tank, and salinity probe is disabled. How can I switch off that alarm log?
    alarm los salt.jpg

Enable the Salt probe port then disable the alarm triggers.

Regular Vistor
    What can mean "Status ON Set OFF' message if alarm is in auto position?

New User
    I’m have the exact same issue on my 2016. I’ve checked all my probe and socket alarm codes and parameters of when they should go off and can’t see anything that would be causing it?? I’ve seen a few posts with people having the same issue???

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by subculture14 View Post
    I cannot get the alarm notification to go away. I removed probes to place in New magnetic holder and alarm sounded for salt. I received the alarm notification, then the off notification.

Everyone I open fusion I get a minor heart palpitation because I see the alarm showing a 1. How can I reset it?

I sorted mine! The email alert itself was constantly switched on. I changed it over to auto and that seems to have sorted it out!

Might be worth having a look?

Regular Vistor
    Me too . Alarm is always on.