Thread: LSM not working properly...

New User

LSM not working properly...

I installed the lsm a week ago and updated the seasonal tables with my local Moon rise/set for new moon days. It seems the moon rise/set time are flip flopped. If my local Moon set is 9am and Moon rise is 11pm, my lights turn off at 11am and turn on at 9pm. Also the intensity is off for the particular phase of the moon. There was a full moon last week and intensity was only 76%. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx...

I would guess that you didn't enter the days of new moon correctly, but let's check that. Post a screen shot of the season table edit page, and a link to the source of the data you used, and tell us the geographic location you used when looking up the data.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    The website I got the info from is http://www.timeanddate.com for Ft. Lauderdale FL. Also today the lights never shut off and were at 100%.
    Screenshot_20170614-172633.pngScreenshot_20170614-172650.png

The season table settings looks good.

What is the programming? It typically should be:

Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Programming code is the same

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatbeelz View Post
    Programming code is the same
    Are you sure? It sounds like you might just have the If Moon statement and are missing the Set OFF.

New User
    Positive. The moon lights were going on and off, just at the wrong times. And the intensity was lower than it was supposed to be for the moon phase. However, for the past 2 days they've been going from low intensity to 100%. Im not sure if the change occurs at moon set because im not home and it doesnt generate a log for changing intensity. Ive double and triple checked the times, dates, programming, deleted the module, updated firmware and anything else i could think of.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fallback OFF is not the same as Set OFF. Your programming should be:

Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON

A Fallback statement is optional; you can specify 'Fallback OFF' if you want, but it is of little value for moonlights. You might want to read this sticky to learn more about Fallback: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...About-FALLBACK

New User
    Whoops. I most likely forgot to add it back after re-writing the programming 15 times. That explains why theyve been on for the last two days, lol! I swear, the harder you look at things the easier it is to make simple mistakes. Still doesnt solve the moon rise and set times being off.

New User
    I will post a screenshot of the log with the on/off times of moon lights as well as the local charts.

New User
    Oh, by the way Russ, thank you for helping me try to figure this out. I really appreciate it.

Is the clock setting on your apex correct?

New User

New User
    If I create a VO and use the if moon command to turn it on and off, and the vo turns on and off at the correct rise and set times, that should tell me if the lsm is faulty, correct? Not quite sure how the lsm is setup up but I'm assuming since it is its own module the programming goes thru the module to control the lights.