Thread: EB8 keeps losing power

Regular Vistor

EB8 keeps losing power

I have an Apex Classic with 2 EB8 connected to the same power source.

One of the EB8 randomly will lose complete power while the other EB8 is working perfectly- (So this rules out a power supply issue to me)

After an hour or so, the power returns and everything works normal without me having to do anything. (this rules out EB8 being tripped)

This has happened everyday at different times for the past week or so. (different times rules out some programing error)

After the first few days of this occurring, I updated my Apex and updated all my modules and the problem still occurs (not firmware)

PLEASE provide any feedback. This is my second post regarding this issue. My last post didn't get any reply's.

Screenshot (11).jpgScreenshot (11).jpgScreenshot (10).jpg

Please do not post duplicate threads.

Those graphs only indicate that the electrical load on the EB has dropped to zero. It does not necessarily mean that the EB is losing power. Does equipment plugged into that EB8 stop running during those periods?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Yes, everything is losing power at those times. The light on the EB8 turns off as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Do you have an outlet checker or multimeter? If you do, check the voltage on the outlet when the light on the EB8 goes out. If you don't have one, try switching the outlets temporarily and see if the problem stays with the EB8 or the outlet. If it follows the EB8, either you are overloading it with too much current or there is a hardware issue that only neptune can resolve.

Also, does the light fully go out or does it just change from green to Amber or flashing amber?

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Zombie, I was hoping that would work but I switched them last night and the EB8 lost power again this morning.

Outlets
    #1 Return Pump
    #2 MP40
    #3 MP10
    #4 Radion G3
    #5 Radion G3
    #6 ATO
    #7 WP40

**** Last night at 22:20 was when I switched the plug ins****
    #8 Reactor Pump Screenshot (12).jpg

Regular Vistor
    Anyone with any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Also, does the light fully go out or does it just change from green to Amber or flashing amber?

@jon.peak, these are good questions zombie asked... the state of the EB8 status light during the periods of no power would be good to know. There are actually 3 possibilities... the status LED goes out, it starts flashing, or it stays solidly lit.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    @jon.peak, these are good questions zombie asked... the state of the EB8 status light during the periods of no power would be good to know. There are actually 3 possibilities... the status LED goes out, it starts flashing, or it stays solidly lit.
    The light completly goes off.

Regular Vistor
    The light completely goes off. I am not sure what else to do at this point. Any other ideas?