Thread: ATK Errors/issues

Frequent Visitor

ATK Errors/issues

Having a problem with my ATK producing an error and shutting itself off. I will try below to describe what it is doing. I have also taken screenshots.
    First, here is my code which was crteated using the task wizard. Only modification I have made to it is raise the When On > time from 5 to 10 minutes as I have a big sump and a long run from my ATO tank. I also have it set to text me when there is an error in the ATO_Pump. Now, to recreate this problem so I could generate screenshots in a timely manner I did change the Min Time from 060:00 to 010:00. Either way the problem still happens.
    code.jpg

I turn the ATO-Pump on Auto and here is my fusion screen. Everything is set as it should be:
    normal.jpg

After the Min Time period has elapsed the pump will turn itself back on regardless of the status of the ATO-Lo/ATO-Hi sensors and run for the period specified in the When On statement. After the When On time has elapsed the pump will change to off (not auto off, but off) and the email alarm will be generated.
    On-Error.jpg
    Text-message.jpg

I am running 4.52_5A17 and my FMM module SW Rev is 011. To rectify this situation in the past I have totally removed the module and made sure any/all references to it are gone. I then restarted my Apex, reinstalled the module, and ran the task wizard again. I still encounter the issue. I just recently returned from Vegas and several times I needed to manually log onto Fusion and turn the ATO on as it was not working correctly. Id like to get this working correctly soon as it isnt a automatic topoff. Just a manual topoff that I can trigger remotely.

Frequent Visitor
    I was able to figure out the issue and corrected it. Upon receiving the ATK I originally had it in Apex mode. Then for testing purposes I put it into standalone mode. After testing had concluded I then reverted back to Apex mode and have had problems with it since.

I would delete the ATK/FMM, unplug the USB cable, check to make sure no code from running the ATK task was present, and reboot the Apex via telnet. After power cycling the unit I then verified that the ATK sensors and module were not present. I would then plug the FMM module back in and run the task. When running it would always auto populate the sensor names I had given them previously. ATO-Hi and ATO-Lo. Previously I always accepted those names as it goes with my naming scheme. The sensors displayed their current status correctly

Well, while scouring the forums for an answer, I seen a screenshot where Russ (I think) named his sensors ATO_Hi and ATO_Lo. At that point I began to wonder why when reinstalling rhe module my sensors would revert to the previous names automatically. So upon the next time I reinstalled the ATK/FMM and ran the task I changed the sensor names to using an underscore rather than hyphen. Voila. it worked.

I am assuming that when removing the module initially to put it into stand alone mode the sensor names (or associated pointers to the address) were not cleared. Then when reinstalling the sensor links were made again to the old address and not the new. When running the task and changing the names the new address was used. Pure speculation and quite probably entirely off the mark, but I will let Russ or someone else chime in.

Either that or using dashes was causing bugs. Dashes in outlet names confuses the apex and makes it do some really weird stuff.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Either that or using dashes was causing bugs. Dashes in outlet names confuses the apex and makes it do some really weird stuff.
    Dashes/hyphens in any user-definable name (output, input, profile, or hostname) are perfectly acceptable and do NOT cause any issues.

The only caveat to using a dash is if used in a profile name in an Apex Classic, the name of the profile will wrap within the bubble on a output slider in the Classic Dashboard; this is just how the name is displayed and is not a functional issue.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User

Same Issue

Have you had this issue since? I am having the same problem but I never renamed the high and low sensors so the dash vs underscore naming wouldn't be an issue for me. I also have a large sump and it takes awhile to fill. I could change the time frame to solve for that but doesn't fix the problem. It turns the switch to Off instead of staying in auto and being off.

Quote Originally Posted by Debacle View Post
    I was able to figure out the issue and corrected it. Upon receiving the ATK I originally had it in Apex mode. Then for testing purposes I put it into standalone mode. After testing had concluded I then reverted back to Apex mode and have had problems with it since.

I would delete the ATK/FMM, unplug the USB cable, check to make sure no code from running the ATK task was present, and reboot the Apex via telnet. After power cycling the unit I then verified that the ATK sensors and module were not present. I would then plug the FMM module back in and run the task. When running it would always auto populate the sensor names I had given them previously. ATO-Hi and ATO-Lo. Previously I always accepted those names as it goes with my naming scheme. The sensors displayed their current status correctly

Well, while scouring the forums for an answer, I seen a screenshot where Russ (I think) named his sensors ATO_Hi and ATO_Lo. At that point I began to wonder why when reinstalling rhe module my sensors would revert to the previous names automatically. So upon the next time I reinstalled the ATK/FMM and ran the task I changed the sensor names to using an underscore rather than hyphen. Voila. it worked.

I am assuming that when removing the module initially to put it into stand alone mode the sensor names (or associated pointers to the address) were not cleared. Then when reinstalling the sensor links were made again to the old address and not the new. When running the task and changing the names the new address was used. Pure speculation and quite probably entirely off the mark, but I will let Russ or someone else chime in.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm not certain but I believe my problem resulted from something a common user would not experience. I was part of the NSI test group. As part of the testing I started off with it and Apex connected mode. Then I changed to stand-alone mode. Once testing was completed and I went back to Apex connected mode is when I begin to experience problems. Russ or Terrance and may be able to confirm or disprove this, but I think my problem was a result of that. When changing from connected to stand alone the probe names never actually were truly deleted. So when I went back to connected and named my probes the exact same thing, it kind of tripped it out. Since that time though, I have not experienced the same issue. I have had two modify the fusion task to allow a longer run time to fill my sump.

I did experience a timeout issue recently, but that was because the output of the ATO hose was somewhat blocked by a dried asterina starfish

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Debacle View Post
    I'm not certain but I believe my problem resulted from something a common user would not experience. I was part of the NSI test group. As part of the testing I started off with it and Apex connected mode. Then I changed to stand-alone mode. Once testing was completed and I went back to Apex connected mode is when I begin to experience problems. Russ or Terrance and may be able to confirm or disprove this, but I think my problem was a result of that. When changing from connected to stand alone the probe names never actually were truly deleted. So when I went back to connected and named my probes the exact same thing, it kind of tripped it out. Since that time though, I have not experienced the same issue. I have had two modify the fusion task to allow a longer run time to fill my sump.

I did experience a timeout issue recently, but that was because the output of the ATO hose was somewhat blocked by a dried asterina starfish

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I am going to try and reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk