Thread: Clarifying Capabilities of LSM

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar

Clarifying Capabilities of LSM

Hey all,

Just wanted to make sure I understand the capabilities of the LSM. When using the moon table, you program in moonrise and moon intensity values. When the moonlights are running, they simply turn on/off at the determined times, and are on at the determined intensity. What I'm clarifying is there is no ramp involved. Is that correct?
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

You can ramp them using the " ramp " profile .
    Alain

But is there a way to ramp them on/off and still have them follow the moon cycle time and intensity? I am currently using a ramp profile coupled with the if moon command, so the on/off time varies throughout the month and they ramp on, but can't figure out how to have them ramp off or change the intensity over the course of the month while using the ramp profile.

You can use 3 profiles as i do : Moonrise , Moonshine and Moonset . Use the desired ramp time and set the max value at 100 % . The profile max value will match the moon value set by the moon table . You can look my profiles Moonrise , Moonshine and Moonset and LSM programming here at Lunar_Left and Lunar_Right :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlm9hgt0wc....2017.pdf?dl=0
    Alain

I guess that makes sense... going to have to do some thinking to wrap my head around it. How does the apex know to incorporate moon intensity vs actually running at 100% power... is that just the way it always works?

I found your outlet programming on that link but couldn't find a link to the profile programming.

I guess it is all in the Apex firmware , how do they do it : your guess is as good as mine . I had a very long chat with Paul at Neptune a few years ago asking the exact same question . It make sense as the intensity set by the Moon table will always correspond at 100 % intensity on the profile . I dont know why the profile dont show up on the link i had send you as this is a Fusion Summary .

Profiles below :

Moonrise.PNGMoonshine.PNGMoonset.PNG
    Alain

Thanks. How did you decide on the timing offsets for the program statements in your lunar outlets?

If you review my programming , you will notice that everythings ( radions, heaters , chiller , pumps and moonlights ) is based on the season table . However the season table turn on the lights based on the position of the Sun ( similar to moonlights ) , this make the tank light-up around 7.00 am and get dark around 6.00 pm . So i decide the make a 4 hres offset toward the evening to be able to enjoy the tank when i am at home during the evening . So everything is delayed on the late side by 4 hres . Radions and moonlights program are both delayed by the same amount ( 4 hres ). As my pumps also follow the If Sun and If Moon command , they are also following the delay i had set .
    Alain