Thread: ATK Questions

ATK Questions

I've seen the thread about using the ATK with a peri pump and is probably my preferred option as I run my top up via a kalk stirrer. Can the ATK pump output be controlled directly or reduced by a restrictor/valve on the outlet without back pressure damaging the pump?

Is the pump suitable for saltwater use thinking of another application.

Could a third sensor be used independently in my skimmer cup to detect potential oveflow

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, Yes and Yes ...

So the programming that ATK task does is attached (when you selected in the wizard) to the 24V port on the FMM ...
    Nothing stops you to select a different outlet (for instance the one that controls your peri) or then copy the configuration to a different outlet.

The PMUP is suited for saltwater use. No problems. Some people (me included) use one to feed a reactor for carbon or GFO.

And yes. You can install a restrictor flow in the line of the PMUP. You are just simulating head pressure. Nothing the pump can't handle

When you install the FMM you have 4 ports. 2 are used by the ATK kit and the other two you are free to do what you want with them without affecting the way FMM works.
    You can attach for instance the optical level switch to the skimmer cup and then use: IF <fmm3portname> OPEN then OFF in your skimmer outlet.

That's the beauty and why I love APEX ... you have a lot of flexibility in your programming.

All the best and happy controlling!
    Rui

Brilliant thank you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just a thought but to mount the sensor in the skimmer cup lid would mean it pointing down, which isn't recommended and side mounting not possible due to the curve of the collection cup. Any ways around this ?

Another question if running the ATK via the apex is the power supply still required for the pump or is that fed via the Aquabus link?

Frequent Visitor
    Hello. It's magnet so it should work. You can always use a float valve instead of an optical level switch.

And yes you need the power supply of you want to operate the pmup or the selenoid

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks - I thought the additional sensors are fixed with a nut on the back, meaning you have to drill a hole? Not enough room in the skimmer cup to take a float unfortunately

Frequent Visitor
    you have them with a small magnet that you can use.

You can always mimic the skimmer cup curve with some epoxy. the magnets should be strong enough to be able to attach firmly to the skimmer cup!

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/os-1m...e-systems.html

With the one above you can actually attach it to the top lid or the bottom of the cup!