Thread: purple light after unsuccesful firmwarw update

New User

purple light after unsuccesful firmwarw update

hi all, I tried to update my fusion today. After downloading, I saw an error screen that the apex was not connected to fusion. I cannot for the life of me get it to reconnect. I have unplugged, tried to reinstall etc, nothing works. I have a purple light on the controller and a flashing orange on the bus. what am I doing wrong? I am left with blinking purple on the control head and flashing orange on the outlet bus.

You can't update Fusion - it's a website out on the Internet which is updated as needed by the Neptune developers. I'm assuming that you mean that you tried to update AOS (Apex Operating System). How exactly did you try to do that?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    yes russ, thanks for the reply. i had a prompt to update firmware, so i clicked it( i figured similar to iphone) it went through the download screen, but when the download was complete, i was given an error message saying that my apex unit was not connected to fusion. i tried all the tricks, unplugging, etc. and i am still left with a purple light on my apex controller, and a flashing orange on the bus.

You'll need to contact technical support to resolve that. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    thx for the assist! will post resolution once I contact them.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by clisowski View Post
    thx for the assist! will post resolution once I contact them.

I also have the same issue, I have a solid purple led on the base and a flashing orange led on the eb832. I didn't perform a firmware update, it just happened randomly and tech support has requested an RMA. The unit is only 4 months old

New User
    So i had to return the unit to neptune. They fixed it and now I have it setup once again. I suspect they know about this issue because as soon as i explained the problem they issued an RMA for return of the unit.

not really sure if this is helpful to anyone else who has a similar issue. My one suggestion is to go to the neptune site as soon as you have a problem and generate a service inquiry online. i let e couple days pass because i was busy at work, then i called and was told to resolve via their online portal. I think its pretty streamlined and they are responsive, i was just expecting to be able to talk with a tech to walk through any troubleshooting before having to send it out. Neptune was great about issuing a return shipping label etc. I probably would have opted to pay extra for quicker shipping after being without a controller for two weeks. Its hard to have to go back to managing a tank manually after having everything automated.