Thread: ATK help

Frequent Visitor

ATK help

I just got my ATK set up last night. I followed the task configuration and thought all was well. When I awoke this morning the water level was up to the float valve. I keep getting this error every hour which doesn't seem right.

Here is the program

Anybody help?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    Have you installed the siphon break valve?

If so ... do you have it above water level in the top of container?

Also the siphon break valve should be installed with the hole facing down or you might have some water spillage. If you don't want to install the siphon break, just use a non return check valve!

I would assume you are having some siphon as the water in the top of container is above the level of the SUMP!

All the best,
    Rui

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the reply. That's got to be it! Somehow I missed that step (didn't see it in the video I watched)

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
    I think the nsi units didn't had the siphon break so it's natural it's not in the video !

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The use of a siphon break is not always necessary, so it's not in the video. There is an instruction sheet for using the siphon break in the baggie with the siphon break and other small parts.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks guys, that was my issue!

Now, is there a way to have the alarms turned off when my return is off? That way I don't get a bunch of alarms every time my return pump is turned off.

Frequent Visitor
    Anyone?

Two ways.

1. Make a virtual outlet with the code below (replace outlet and switch names with yours)

HighH2O
    Set OFF
    If ATK_Hi CLOSED Then ON
    If Outlet Return = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 002:00 Then ON

Email
    If Outlet HighH2O = ON Then ON

2. Make it your first 2 lines in your email alarm

Set OFF
    If Atk_Hi CLOSED Then ON
    If Outlet Return = OFF Then OFF
    (All other alarms below)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Zombie's code is a good start, but doesn't cover one key thing. As soon as the return pump is turned on, HighH2O will turn on because the sump level will still be high, and therefore you will get an alarm.

Use the approach with the virtual output, but add a Defer statement to allow sufficient time for the water level in the sump to normalize after the return pump comes back on.

For example:

Set OFF
    If ATK_Hi CLOSED Then ON
    If Output Return = OFF Then OFF
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Russ is right. I forgot the defer. Original post updated.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the help guy! So I've set up the virtual outlet with the following code. When I test it by turning off the return, I'm still getting the ATK_Hi closed alarm... what am I doing wrong?

Did you remember to remove the Atk_Hi from the email alarm and add the if outlet statement?

Frequent Visitor
    I don't have email alarms set up. Sorry I'm totally clueless when it comes to programming and how set this stuff up!

You're saying I need to edit my ATO code?

No you need to go to the Email_i5 outlet and use the code

Set OFF
    If Outlet HighH2O = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then ON

Add any other alarm conditions you want such as high temp high pH etc before the defer.

Frequent Visitor
    Ah. I see. Thanks zombie! Got it.

Please disregard the part in a previous post about adding other alarm conditions such as for high/low temp and pH to the email alarm output. That is the way it is done in Apex Classics, but not for the Apex (2016). Instead, probe alarm triggers are set using the Inputs page for the desired probe.