Thread: 36W 24V DC to 1Link Cable

Regular Vistor

36W 24V DC to 1Link Cable

Is there an existing DC to 1Link Cable or one in the works?
    I have an FMM that I'd like to use with a PMUP and would prefer to port it via an available 1link port rather than sacrifice an outlet on my eb832.

You don't need to use an EB8 outlet. You can plug it in a wall outlet or power strip.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Understood. My preference is to use the eb832 without using an outlet. Is there a way/cable to use a 1link port to provide sufficient power to the FMM for devices like a PMUP?

There is not a cable for it. I would just use the wall outlet. The only way to make it work the way you are thinking is to make a cable from scratch with the proper 4 pin Molex that only has wires crimped to the 24V pins and then connect those to the correct DC connector. If you don't know what you are doing and make a mistake, You could blow the FMM and/or the EB832 and Neptune would not cover that under warranty.

The port you would use on the EB832 is not a 1LINK port. You would use one of the two DC24/ACC ports for a PMUP. 1LINK ports have 4 pins; DC24 ports have 2 pins.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Please do not attempt to make a DIY cable to go from a 4-pin port to the PMUP. Instead, use the proper EB832 port.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Please do not attempt to make a DIY cable to go from a 4-pin port to the PMUP. Instead, use the proper EB832 port.
    He wasn't talking about going from 4 pin to the PMUP, He wants something to go from the 4 pin to the DC input on the FMM in lieu of the power supply. I wouldn't recommend doing that either, but that's what he's after.

Doh! You are right - I misunderstood. Regardless, it should not be attempted.

The supported options are to power the FMM with the proper PS or to power the PMUP from the 832.