Thread: Maxspect Gyre Programming Help

New User

Maxspect Gyre Programming Help

I'm a newbie at this so please bear with me. I set up my maxspect gyre yesterday with the interface module. Everything "seems" to be working. Yet, the pump doesn't seem to match up with my programming unless I'm totally missing something. Here is the programming for the pump which is running on variable speed outlet 2.

If Time 08:00 to 09:00 Then Ramp_Up
    If Time 09:00 to 18:00 Then Pulse
    If Time 18:00 to 19:00 Then Ramp_Down
    If Time 19:00 to 08:00 Then Night_Mode

The "Pulse" profile is what I've been playing around with and what doesn't seem to be matching up. Here is my profile screenshot as it's currently saved.

Every now and then my pump will stop for a few seconds. Am I correct in thinking that it should never stop while in my "pulse" profile? It should be 5 seconds at 25% 5 at 35% and 10 at 25%? Thanks in advance for you help!

The reason it is probably stopping is that 25% is low enough power that friction is ocassionally enough to stop the pump. Once it stops, static friction is much higher than kinetic friction so it stays stopped until it goes back to 35%.

Easy fix...use something bigger than 25% like pulsing between 30 and 40 for example.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by mystersyster View Post
    I'm a newbie at this so please bear with me. I set up my maxspect gyre yesterday with the interface module. Everything "seems" to be working. Yet, the pump doesn't seem to match up with my programming unless I'm totally missing something. Here is the programming for the pump which is running on variable speed outlet 2.

If Time 08:00 to 09:00 Then Ramp_Up
    If Time 09:00 to 18:00 Then Pulse
    If Time 18:00 to 19:00 Then Ramp_Down
    If Time 19:00 to 08:00 Then Night_Mode

The "Pulse" profile is what I've been playing around with and what doesn't seem to be matching up. Here is my profile screenshot as it's currently saved.

Every now and then my pump will stop for a few seconds. Am I correct in thinking that it should never stop while in my "pulse" profile? It should be 5 seconds at 25% 5 at 35% and 10 at 25%? Thanks in advance for you help!
    According to the specs the gyre tends to stall out at 25 % and below. My min is actually set at 35. And my Pulse setting ramps from 60-100 during the day and 30-50 at night with a slower pulse rate for a more gentle wave style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The reason it is probably stopping is that 25% is low enough power that friction is ocassionally enough to stop the pump. Once it stops, static friction is much higher than kinetic friction so it stays stopped until it goes back to 35%.

Easy fix...use something bigger than 25% like pulsing between 30 and 40 for example.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Makes perfect sense. I'm not pulling my hair out now and it doesn't seem to be stopping! Thanks!

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by FFJohn View Post
    According to the specs the gyre tends to stall out at 25 % and below. My min is actually set at 35. And my Pulse setting ramps from 60-100 during the day and 30-50 at night with a slower pulse rate for a more gentle wave style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome, thanks for confirming. I set it to a minimum of 30 and max of 38 for now. For my 32x24x24 that's a pretty good amount of flow. My big Derasa is having a tough time keeping his mantle down lol. He's just gonna have to work on that mantle muscle.