Thread: FMM update error

Regular Vistor

FMM update error

HI I have problems trying to update my newly installed ATK setup. I have an older FMM module which I took out and thought I uninstalled the older tiles did my install with my new kit. when I go to task setup and send the last page to the cloud I get an error
    //Error: line 2 - Probe module not installed // If Swx7_1 OPEN Then ON

Click Cancel and try again.
    My old FMM was using Swx7 and my new one Swx9,
    Anyone could help me with this??

Change the probe line from 7 to 9. It's giving you an error because you're using the old probe number.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

FMM update error

You cannot "uninstall" tiles; you can only hide them.

If you will not be using the original FMM, then the proper course of action is to disconnect and then delete the module using the Modules page. Any associated tiles will be automatically removed.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    thanks Russ and Zombie for your quick response. I did delete the old module and I thought I was home free. No such luck Apex user!! Anyway I decided to check the email alarm codes and all the old FMM lines of code were still there. Deleted all that stuff..adjust the cloud and bingo...error and alarm off. I then ran the task to setup the new FMM and it went perfectly. Checked the alarm codes and new lines were there for the new FMM. Ran some tests and the optical sensors worked perfectly....so I'm back in business until the next firmware update!! Awesome forum!!

That's one thing I wish they fixed in the firmware though it might be terribly complex and isn't there for technical reasons.

At least for now, any time you delete a module you have to manually remove any code associated with it (excluding the physical outlets of the module itself).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.