Thread: Issues vith variable port V17V2 and V3/V4

Issues vith variable port V17V2 and V3/V4

Hi there

I have been working with my apex for more tha 2 years and all warked fine until last week when the variable ports are NOT ramping up to 10 volts

I have Led Drivers conected to them V1 and V" and a VFD for my main pump in V3 and the are not ramping up so I have a continuosly dimmed led and a under RPM pump

When a Disconect the ports, all led go to MAX brightnes and the VFD ramps up to max RPM as it is suposed to do when no voltage in detected

I reinstaled the FIRMWARE and oall worked fine until I got home today and found all dimmed again

I tried to reinstal the firmware in order to try to RESET the apex with no success

any comments pleasa

thanks

CLaudio
    Caracas Venezuela
    Using Tapatalk

Do you have a voltmeter to do some troubleshooting with?

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Also, If you set the outlet to manual ON, do they each go to a similar intensity as when you have them disconnected?

Thannks for your pormpt reply

Yes I have a Voltimeter
    NO they no not respond to manual dimmin

actually I restarted the apex, reconnected the and worked for a While and the It drop down again

We have had some voltage fluctuations in my area and I would like to think that it has something to do with it

THanks

Claudio
    Using Tapatalk

Set each one to manual ON. Check the voltage across each channel. Where you check will depend on the type of termination on the cable.

For Ethernet V1/V2 are on pins 1,2 and 5,6 respectively (with clip facing down and end facing away from you)

For stereo 3.5mm, V1 is between the tip and the sleeve, V2 between the ring and the sleeve.

For neptune dimming cable, V1 is between black and yellow, V2 between red and yellow.

Report back the voltage reading for each channel.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    For neptune dimming cable, V1 is between black and yellow, V2 between red and yellow.
    Yellow is not used. Measurements should be taken between the black and red pairs. This diagram shows the Neptune DIY dimming cable: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ull=1#post1273
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Hu

there is what happened

I tested with an Ethernet cable ports V1/V2 and after several tries it worked fine and mesures were 10,3 and 10,4

when testing V3/V4 ( I am not using V4 so it messured 0) but testing V3 Pin 5 and 6 it gabve me a continues change of numbers finally I tried again and all the apex stoped working and whent in a full reset, so now I am concerned

Thanks

Claudio
    Using Tapatalk

V3 is on pins 1 and 2, the apex resetting when you connect a voltmeter to it is not normal behavior. I had something similar one time when the speed input of a Jebao pump shorted and it bricked my unit. I would contact support and more than likely send it in for diagnostic and repair.

THANKS

That is my worst scenario, because in my country right now we have no International currier service (yes NO DHL, no FEDEX no nothing ) until further notice...
    I can use a personal friend traveling but that will take some time to figure out.

Thanks again

Claudio
    Using Tapatalk