Thread: Update firmware issue, please help

Regular Vistor

Exclamation Update firmware issue, please help

Decided to update to the newest firmware today since I was going to be working with my Apex unit (this the older black model). Updating to the 4.52 5A17, direct connect laptop to Apex, WiFi disabled, firewalls & security disabled and made sure that DCHP was turned On. As I have done multiple other updates. Firmware updates quickly without issue, restarts. Search for IP address again to update Web page, proceed to update web pages...problem. Gives me an error..unable to connect to server. Check IP address, same. After a couple attempts to redo this step I check the display for the Self Test. Shows the new version and states PASSED. Turn DCHP off and restart from display. Display states No Comm. Cannot connect via fusion, directly, or anything....PLEASE HELP! I'm extremely frustrated at this point. It had been a bad, day, week anyways and this is just kind of the icing on the cake.

Thank you for any assistance!

Repeat the firmware update. Once it has completed wait 5 minutes before updating webpages. Then try updating. Sometimes it gets finicky if you try to update webpages too quickly.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Seems to be working now, with both fusion and via old dashboard. Didn't do anything else to it after that, don't quite understand, but I'm not knocking it either at this point. Since its working, would you re flash it or leave well enough alone?

If you got a successful webpage update at some point, I wouldn't bother with a reflash until next firmware update.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Yeah, I actually had to once I looked at the dashboard. It showed the version was different between the firmware and the web pages. This time everything loaded correctly without issue. Since then I have been having issues though. Losing comm frequently and having to do a hard reset (disconnect EB8 power) to get it to reset. Going through dashboard or the display doesn't reset it. Having some issues attempting to program my Kessil's, but I'll start another thread for that. Thanks for the help Zombie!