Thread: Module firmware update issue

Module firmware update issue

Greetings,

running latest Apex firmware on both my classic models, and have successfully updated the WXM, FMM etc. I have two display firmwares showing (old) but every time I try to update them, my browser sits at the 10 seconds message and never updates.

I have had this issue through multiple firmware upgrades, I can update everything else but these two display modules I have never been able to update. Any thoughts?
    Rocking 2 Apex units, life is less stress with Apex!

How many display modules are listed, and how many do you actually have connected?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

modules.JPG

4 listed only one connected. I did try deleting all of them a while back, they all came back!

Reboot the Apex to clear out any pending firmware updates you've attempted to do for a module which doesn't exist at that Aquabus address.
    AFter the Apex comes back online, delete the display modules at addresses 1, 2, and 8. The one listed at address 9 is the most likely the actual one, as it is showing the latest display firmware version. You can leave it as is, or delete it too. If you want to, delete it then IMMEDIATELY disconnect it. Wait a minute, then plug it back in. It should then be at address 1.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I will give it a go! thanks...

I can delete them, but slowly over time they seem to come back. It's doesn't appear to affect anything, and it seems to 'stop' at 4 display's listed. Both my tanks are doing this now, the most up to date firmware is on address 1 now. But there are several others popping up over time.

New User

Apex WXM RF chip came lose what way does it plug in??????

I just received a WMX from a private seller and when it was shipped I guess it got bumped rather hard and the RF module came loss from the plug. Does anyone know the correct position the RF should be plugged in? Larger end up to status light or away from the light. Can ANYONE help so I dont have to try and send it to Apex for such a simple fix??????? Thanks all you Apex guys and gals out there for any help you can offer.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmcaninch View Post
    I just received a WMX from a private seller and when it was shipped I guess it got bumped rather hard and the RF module came loss from the plug. Does anyone know the correct position the RF should be plugged in? Larger end up to status light or away from the light. Can ANYONE help so I don't have to try and send it to Apex for such a simple fix??????? Thanks all you Apex guys and gals out there for any help you can offer.
    This needs to be its own post and not a piggy back on this one here. Additionally, you will need to contact Neptune directly regarding internal repairs.

Module firmware update issue

As a moderator, I'll call this "reassembly" rather than "repair". . But clsanchez is right that you should have started a new thread. Hijacking a thread with an unrelated, off-topic post is poor forum etiquette. In the future, please start a new thread unless your intended post directly pertains to the topic of a thread.

Here ya go...