Thread: What should I do?

Regular Vistor

What should I do?

I'm upgrading from Apex Lite to full Apex via a purchase from a fellow hobbyists. I've already requested that they reset that Apex to factory default settings and I'm wondering what else should I do in preparation for the unit?

P.S. I'm a little concerned about getting the new Apex on my network as well (been a while since my last setup).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it won't be an identical unit, You will not be able to transfer your configuration. Because of this I would recommend getting a program and profile report from fusion or reeftronics so that you can quickly copy/paste code that you intend on keeping. Get the apex connected to the network first before you move anything over (a 12V power supply helps a ton here). Transfer 1 module at a time to minimize downtime and have a power strip at the ready so if something needs to stay on while you program, you can just plug it into the power strip until the outlet is programmed.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you Zombie. I wonder if I can use the power supply from my ATK to get the New Apex on my network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. That is a 24V power supply. You need a 12V. It wouldn't hurt to order one or grab one from radioshack or something as the power supply is incredibly useful. It can allow you to get notified of power outages when they happen (not when power is restored) with a UPS and can keep the system running and notify you in the event that you blow the fuse in the energy bar (everything except that energy bar).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    ...I would recommend getting a program and profile report from fusion or reeftronics
    Reeftronics no longer offers that capability - it was retired shortly after the equivalent Summary report became available in APEX Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I got all of my information from my Fusion account when I did the transfer... As unfortunately you cannot simply restore from a "lite" backup
    Default settings on the APEX are stupid... I wish they were simply blank.

Plug the unit in and start transferring and renaming outlets before you reconnect your devices ( especially dosing devices )

Since your device is still up and running and accessible you can get all of your information ( harder to read than from fusion ) by simply going to the classic interface and going to XML > XML Program

Don't start right before bed and please pay attention to your dosing pumps... 300ml of NOPOX is not a good thing... Just saying - I forgot to hit save on a outlet config and it used the dumb default outlet settings.... My fault but dang I wish the defaults were blank...