Thread: Problem w/ Kessil A360WE won't turn on

Regular Vistor

Problem w/ Kessil A360WE won't turn on

Attempting to get 2 Kessil A360's up and going today. Programmed profiles very simply (used BRS video as a template). Then set Var SP1/ 2 up as Color / Intensity.

KessilDawn - 120m/12%-50%
    KessilDusk - 120m/50%-12%
    KDawnColor - 180m/12%-50%
    KDuskColor - 180m/50%-12%

KessilColor-VarSp1- Auto
    Set OFF
    If Time 08:30 to 11:30 Then KDawnColor
    If Time 17:00 to 20:00 Then KDuskColor

KessilPower-VarSp2-Auto
    Set OFF
    If Time 08:30 to 10:30 Then KessilDawn
    If Time 18:00 to 20:00 Then KessilDusk

I am using 2 EB8 ports to power these, just have these as Set ON/ Fallback ON and Auto until I can do some tiding up under the stand and move some electrical cords around. Both Kessils are brand new, just took them out of the box. Daisy chain cable is an Amazon 3.5mm cable. Have another longer one and same thing occurs. Control cable was purchased second hand.

One light will come on at the correct setting, the other will not. Its sporadic though, at one point both were on and were at the correct setting and then went out. At times, both VrSp indicator lights will light then only one, then none. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason that I have been able to find so far. Just updated yesterday to the newest firmware and the Apex has been acting strangely ever since. Comm keeps dropping out and the only way to reestablish is to hard reset by disconnecting the EB8. I apologize for the information overload, but I am attempting to give all of the details upfront for the best possible assistance. I have been working at this for hours now and have been searching the web for all possible workarounds and solutions. Thought maybe someone would have had a similar experience. Thanks!

Regular Vistor
    Just attempted the same program in V3/V4 ports. Worked for a few minutes and then the left hand light (one daisy chained with just the single cable) stopped responding completely. The first light in sequence responds to all commands via fusion or dashboard. (On/off/ adjusting color/ intensity slider) Lost now with whats going on. Possibly multiple issues??

Could be a minimum intensity issue. Does it have the same issue if you set the slider to 14% or 16%?

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Yeah, attempted increasing both intensity and color. Nothing would bring the other light back on. Had to do a hard reset to get the sockets that they're attached to respond to the normal program.

Regular Vistor
    After coming back to this today I have found the following; the VrSp1/2 port lights are lit green. Though the lights will not follow the program listed above, they will respond now to the V1/2 sliders both in fusion and dashboard. Fusion kicked them of course to 100%, dashboard I adjusted them to 68% C/ 50% I and they are both in the On position for the time being. Although when I first did this it caused the master light to go out while the slave was still lit. I had to unplug/ re plug it for it come back on. Then it allowed me to adjust it fine. Still if I set the V1/2 to Auto, both lights will go out.
    Any thoughts?

EDIT: I also just noticed that they are occasionally flashing or pulsing?

Regular Vistor
    Ok, so I decided to attempt this using wizard instead of using profiles to program. Now they're working fine and responding correctly. Have no clue as to why they won't respond according to the original profiles. Glad something is working and it's not an issue with either a cable or a port, as I tried both sets. Just don't understand this.

After rereading your original post, part of the problem was the reboots. When using profiles, any time the apex resets or you set to manual on/off, the profile starts over from the beginning. With the wizard, it automatically corrects to the point it should be based on time.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.