Thread: 1 Gallon OSW removal in 15 minutes

Regular Vistor

1 Gallon OSW removal in 15 minutes

I am trying to use my DOS for AWC and would like to perform a 1 gallon per day water change at 2PM each day. When I set up the interval for the first step to perform a 3,700ml OSW removal (a little less than a gallon) it requires me to perform this over the course of 45 minutes in 4 doses (each dose every 11 minutes). Why can't I perform the entire gallon removal in 1 dose in 15 minutes (3,700ml/250ml/min=14.8 minutes)? When I try to reduce the time to anything lower than 45 minutes I receive an error message "Not enough time; increase interval or decrease volume". Is this a safety measure to ensure that the DOS doesn't overheat or something along those lines?

It's because 250ml/min can only be sustained by the DOS with a 30% duty cycle without overheating. It's to protect the DOS. I would recommend setting it to do that change over a long interval of several hours to maximize the lifespan of the DOS heads (Which are pricey to replace) and the DOS motors.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    That explains my very question "What is the duty cycle of the DOS?" I have it set to change 5.5 gallons a day, the software does the math and it runs about every 10-15 minutes, was trying to figure out if that is something we can or should change.