Thread: ATK not working with APEX

ATK not working with APEX

Good morning
    i bought the Apex this week installed it was having some issues with.
    but thought I had resolved them
    i doublechecked everything last night again ( Thursday night it didn't fill anything and I got alarms)
    and I didn't get any alarms or anything but this morning again it didn't fill
    i unplugged it set it back to stand alone mode ( via the reset button)
    and it filled right away
    I know that I will probably need to uninstall it all and redo it but want to check if this code is ok

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO_LO OPEN Then ON
    If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 010:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

Thanks

Looks fine. Just make sure your optical sensors are set at optical and not water on the floor.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Looks fine. Just make sure your optical sensors are set at optical and not water on the floor.

I have removed it from the apex but won't add it on till after Tuesday probably it works in stand alone and yes I made sure they were in optical also that virtual outlet I created per your instructions where do I put that code into the ATO-LO button?

thank much Zoombie

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Couple thoughts. Do you have logging enabled for that outlet?See if it's ever coming on. In theory a quick open and close of that optical sensor, the min time off may be keeping it off longer than what you need.

I removed the min time off statement from mine and actually made a min time on statement instead to minimize the on off cycles so much.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Couple thoughts. Do you have logging enabled for that outlet?See if it's ever coming on. In theory a quick open and close of that optical sensor, the min time off may be keeping it off longer than what you need.

I removed the min time off statement from mine and actually made a min time on statement instead to minimize the on off cycles so much.
    Good morning I don't have it hooked into the Aoex I removed everything will work on it the coming week but will log it

thsnks

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post

Hi Zombie and I truly appreciate all your help but questions
    im trying to figure out the below suggestion. I'm not that good with virtual outlets
    but where will I put the below that you gave me to ensure that my ATK doesn't sound a alarm and stays off while I'm feeding

i did create the virtual outlet

sorry about the large font but I copied and pasted

To stop the alarm in the event your return is off, You need a virtual outlet. Replace return with your return pump name, and adjust the defer length so it is about 1.5 to 2 times the amount of time it takes for water level to return to normal after the return pump turns back on.

HighH2O
    Set OFF
    If ATO_HIGH CLOSED Then ON
    If Outlet ReturnPu3_2 = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

Email (remove your ato_high statement)
    (Existing code)
    If Outlet HighH2O = ON Then ON

HighH2O is the virtual outlet you created.

The other line goes in your email alarm instead of the switch statement you have now.

Atk not working with Apex

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    HighH2O is the virtual outlet you created.

The other line goes in your email alarm instead of the switch statement you have now.

So this code goes into my virtual outlet then?
    Set OFF
    If ATO_HIGH CLOSED Then ON
    If Outlet ReturnPu3_2 = OFF Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON

Correct