Thread: Trying to set up new eb8 without display unit

New User

Trying to set up new eb8 without display unit

Recently had electrical malfunction and lost two eb8 s, my display unit and possibly a couple other things. I just bought a new eb8 and trying to get my system back partly running. But can't figure out how or if I can get this new eb8 up without a display.

You don't need to display to set up an EB. Plug it in, connect it to Aquabus, and do the rest using the Classic dashboard and Apex Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Ok. I have a green light on on the base unit and flashing yellow on eb8. Tried to unplug powder and or aqua cable. Can't figure how to get them to communicate without display unit.

The display unit will not help you make them communicate.

What is wrong with the original EB8s? Are they not communicating either (just sit there flashing orange)?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Do you have ANY modules which are working?

New User
    Had a series of problems. I think it started with my 800 w heater being on too long. Have a big tank. So one eb8 where heater was plugged in stopped working. Status light off no power to some recepticals. Display partly working. Tried to do reset by unplugging everything and replugging back in at that point you could hear the relay chattering and then the status light went out on the second eb8 and display now blank screen buttons not working. Dos and wave not working now as well. So no modules working thought the new eb8 would help. Base unit seems to be working can see temp ph on fusion

It's possible that whatever the initial EB8 malfunction was, it damaged the Apex base unit too, causing Aquabus communications to fail.

What outlet number was the 800w heater plugged into?

New User
    Was plugged into #8. And ya I guess the base unit is prob done too. Expensive hit not to empressed..would have thought the fuse would have popped first. Or some kind of back protection may have lost 6 components.

Contact tech support to see about diagnosis and repair. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

Be sure to provide as much detail as you can.