Thread: Apex Classic with Radion G4 Pro not reseting or attaching

New User

Apex Classic with Radion G4 Pro not reseting or attaching

As the title says, I have an apex classic and recently purchased a G4 Pro. I followed all the steps from the sticky on the lighting page. I am at the latest firmware for the Apex controller. WXM Module is at 1.15 and the RF is at Revision 1.2. Using my google-fu I can find a lot of threads, but most just say that they got it working and not what they actually did to fix the issue. When I hit reset Radion button, one will actually reset but the other will not. Attach does not seem to have any effect. I have also tried resetting the lights via the ecosmart interface on my PC.

Any thoughts?

New User
    I ran through all the steps again, and could get both to reset, but still no lock attaching.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    PM Sent
    Chad

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    The OP was able to contact Ecotech Support and apparently the issue resided within the Radion and the RF chip.
    Chad

New User
    Now that I have a minute I wanted to post some info as far as what was done to get things working up to this point. First thanks to iamchadster for helping me on the apex side of things. Essentially we went through the setup instructions a few times but could not get the second one to attach no matter what. He believed it was a bad RF chip. I contact EcoSmart customer support and they had me try a couple things. By having both lights in ecosmart live, I should have been able to control both lights, but I could not. They also had me reseat the RF chip. That still did not resolve the issue. At this point they are going to send me a replacement light. Their customer support was great to work with, and very helpful. My only complaint was their hours, which is basically 9-5 EST. That makes it tough for anyone who works the same hours. They worked with me via email back and forth however to come to a resolution. Hopefully I will have the new light tomorrow and I can get it programmed.