Thread: Firmware Update - Error Message: Apex Quit Unexpectedly

New User

Firmware Update - Error Message: Apex Quit Unexpectedly

I'm trying to perform a firmware update on my Apex Jr. based system (4.31J-3B14). I'm running OS X 10.9.5. When I launch the Apex app out of my Applications folder, I get a pop error stating "Apex Quit Unexpectedly." Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dusty

Upgrade the Mac OS.

As posted in the latest Apex Classic firmware announcement (https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ow-available):

Mac users: The Apex app included in the firmware package for Mac is compatible with OS X 10.10 though 10.12 (Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra).
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Upgrade the Mac OS.

As posted in the latest Apex Classic firmware announcement (https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ow-available):

Mac users: The Apex app included in the firmware package for Mac is compatible with OS X 10.10 though 10.12 (Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra).

Is is there any way to work around this? I have a 10yr old Mac that is running OS X 10.7 and because of hardware I can’t get a newer version. I ordered the ATK and now I am realizing that I can’t use it (with apex) if I don’t update. Ever since the iPad came out I no longer use computers so I can’t justify purchasing one now just to update the firmware on my apex. My wife has a Mac also through her job that is running 10.9 and can’t update hers due to restrictions in place by IT.

There is no way around the old Mac OS issue.

My suggestion is borrow a newer MacBook or a Windows notebook from a friend or relative.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    You can get a fairly cheap windoze laptop on eBay just to do updates if you have to stick with 10.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks a lot guys. I have one last question. If I were to completely revert the unit to factory setting and start the initial set-up process, would it automatically update to the most current firmware in the process? And I know I’m underusing it, but I really only use it for feed mode and as a timer for my kessil, so there’s absolutely no programming that will be lost. (I spent a decent amount of time searching the forum but I’m not really finding much on the initial setup)

Quote Originally Posted by Defabio01 View Post
    If I were to completely revert the unit to factory setting and start the initial set-up process, would it automatically update to the most current firmware in the process?
    No, it will not update itself.