Thread: Radion connection to WXM

Radion connection to WXM

I have two tanks, with two Apex classics, running latest firmware. I have one tank with G3 and one with G4 radions (all with their latest version of firmware), they are connected and running through their programming as I would expect. Now each of the WXM's have the latest firmware and RF updates, and each is operating on their own channel.

Why is it, sometimes, a random radion with just 'shut off' (turn off) and go missing as displayed in Fusion. All I have to do is wait a few minutes and it will magically turn back on and follow it's programming as per usual. It's random, never the same light all the time, and it happens on BOTH tanks. Always has, I just assumed it was some minor glitch. But lately it 'appears' to be happening with increased frequency.

So, I have performed factory resets on all the lights, then deleted the outlets and then re-attached them. It seems to prolong the 'missing' occurrence but eventually, over time, it returns. When the lights go missing there truly are missing, if I try to adjust their setting manually, they do not respond until the spontaneously re attach to the WXM.

This has always been going on with my tanks, but it's getting annoying. Am I missing something?
    Rocking 2 Apex units, life is less stress with Apex!

Regular Vistor
    Hi,

I experienced the same thing with G2. Sometimes it never occurs for a month and then it can happen 10 times in 2 hours.

In the classic dashboard it appears as missing (really missing) and as in your case magically re-attach and continue the schedule.

I submitted a ticket about this a while ago, but despite further tests with support we never manage to figure out what happen.
    Maybe an RF interference.

Did you have more information about this?

All I know is when I reset my Radion lights to factory, it 'seems' to improve their connectivity, to the point where there is a noticeable increase in time before they begin this random disconnect 'feature'. But it always begins happening again, there seems to be no set length of time (minimum) before it starts up.
    Rocking 2 Apex units, life is less stress with Apex!