Thread: UK Energy bar

New User

UK Enerbybar

I'm considering purchasing the 2016 Apex system, here in the UK but I understand APEX have not yet made the 2016 energy bar with UK plugs?

What other features are missing is one compares the 2016 USA energy bar to the 2015 (or older) energy bar with British plugs?

Also, since 6 plugs is not enough, how do I add more? Will any extension work?

The 2016 has individual amps and watts monitoring on outlets. It also adds 1 link ports, acc ports, conductivity, and WiFi built in.

If you have no intention of using the extra features you are better off with a classic apex plus how ever many EB6 you need. If you plan on using at least 2 of the extra features, It will cost the same to get the 2016 plus EB6 compared to a classic and you will have the option to use American devices with a power converter.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User

UK Energy bar

It looks like the folks outside of USA have been shafted once again - old style energy bar at more than TWICE the price of the American updated energy bar.

My question isn't about why it's so damn expensive, but what features are non USA users missing out on without the grey and orange energy bar?

Also, could I just order from America and use some sort of in-line plug adapter, giving me more sockets with added features?

This, assuming APEX aren't bothering to update the energy bar with UK sockets.

Frequent Visitor
    Are there any updates on when we will see the new eb6 in the uk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie01 View Post
    Are there any updates on when we will see the new eb6 in the uk?

Probably when we see the Trident unit, at a 50% markup too.

As for me, I can't see the point in buying an Apex anymore.

Frequent Visitor
    It seems like apex can't be bothered with anyone in the uk or Europe.

New User
    Nope.

Regular Vistor
    I am hoping they release the eb6 at the end of the year here in AUS - at this rate it probably by 2030.

New User
    Another Aus user wishing we could get a timeframe for a 240v version

Frequent Visitor
    So looking at where people come from, who have apexs, it looks like they're willing to alienate 50% of their customers over a new eb6.
    Shame on you apex. It can't be that hard to source 240v electronic components to replace the ones used in the eb832

New User
    I wonder if it has to do with the accessory ports. But when you look at the new EB8 there are 2 sockets off to one side. Cant be to hard to cover them up.
    I just a stupid idea to release a product world wide. But only give part of the world the complete product with all the features. Then leave the rest of the world with part of a product but still at full price.
    Come on neptune. You have some of the best corals and fish coming from Australia. And you have the UK thats bringing some of the newest and most innovative ways of keeping an aquarium.

New User
    ok. For us in the uk and aus. Here’s a little bit of an email I just got from Neptune.
    “We have not formally stated if we will develop an enhanced EB6 at this time, not to say it won't happen, but we haven't formally committed to it.”

Frequent Visitor
    So basically we don't care

Regular Vistor
    Looking at the apex line of products that are using the 1 link system - I hope they release a larger capacity 1 link module to handle multiple devices rather then have a daisy chain of 1 link modules. I intend to run two cor15 to run my return and reactors in the future, and I already intend run another DOS, and if my vortech pump die (6 years and still kicking) I'll add a WAV pump - so if they do I can live without the current eb8 that we have in Aus. I am sure users like me with limit space hate trying to hide those hideous power bricks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The 2016 has individual amps and watts monitoring on outlets. It also adds 1 link ports, acc ports, conductivity, and WiFi built in.

If you have no intention of using the extra features you are better off with a classic apex plus how ever many EB6 you need. If you plan on using at least 2 of the extra features, It will cost the same to get the 2016 plus EB6 compared to a classic and you will have the option to use American devices with a power converter.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Ok ... so the difference between the EB832 from 2016 US and EB6 it's just the monitoring of the power per outlet, the 24v DC and the two 1link ports.

Condutivity and Wifi comes with the APEX 2016 model and has nothing to do with the energy bar.

That said ... if you are willing to give up the power monitor you can add an 1Link module to your APEX 2016 and have the same capabilities.

I would not agree at this stage to "better off with classic" as trident and probably new future features will only be working on 2016 model!

All the best,
    Rui

New User
    Still no news on a 240v version of the EB8 with power monitoring???

it's been over 2 years now!!!