Thread: Light Hysteresis and Generator

Regular Vistor

Light Hysteresis and Generator

I recently put in a whole house generator and have an issue it seems with my MH lights. The generator is on an ATS and kicks on after 10 Seconds. The issue I have been having is the lights don't always come back on even though the Apex says they are on. It is randomly different as to which ones are on and which are not. I am using the light control type and have the hysteresis set to 15 minutes. If I manually turn off and on the light with my phone it then fires. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to change control type to advanced and add these lines below (replace EB8_X with the name of your energy bar)

If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
    If Power EB8_X Off 001 Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Another option is to feed the energy bar the halides are on with a suitable UPS with enough power to supply all the loads and runtime doesn't really matter with a whole home generator.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You need to change control type to advanced and add these lines below (replace EB8_X with the name of your energy bar)

If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
    If Power EB8_X Off 001 Then OFF

This seems like the better route for me as I really dont want to put a UPS in. If I am understanding this correctly, if either the base unit or the EB8 the halide is on looses power it will keep it off for one minute after restart? After that the hysteresis time will kick in?

Yep. So it's 15 min delay on shut off and 16 minute delay on power out (starts counting when power is restored)

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yep. So it's 15 min delay on shut off and 16 minute delay on power out (starts counting when power is restored)

Perfect! Thank you.

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread. I found it while searching because I have a similar problem. My MH lights don't come back on after a power outage and I could never figure out why. I'll be adding the above code from Zombie and I do understand what the code is doing, but I don't really understand why it is needed. Can someone explain to me why this is necessary? Is it because the lights are Fallback OFF?