Thread: Gyre fxf250 spinning in reverse?

Regular Vistor

Gyre fxf250 spinning in reverse?

I have two gyres fresh out of the box running the same program. One seems to be in Normal mode where the water is coming straight out but the other appears to be in reverse mode with the water coming out at the bottom. How do I change that so both are in normal mode?

Frequent Visitor
    Exactly the same problem I had when setting up my Gyres.

The impellers are "handed" and designed for their best performance in one direction only. I bet if you open the cages you will find your culprit is a factory installed impeller installed on the wrong side. (The manual explains this, too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for your response. I did consider that possibiliity, but before taking it apart I rechecked all my plugs. It seems that the pin going into the IceCap box from the Apex was not fully seated by a mm or so. Once it was fully seated the pump works fine. Not sure why it performed so strangely with a less than full insertion vs not working at all. Sometimes its the little things that cause the most headaches.