Thread: Adding2nd "Demo" to the Season Lighting

Frequent Visitor

Adding2nd "Demo" to the Season Lighting

I setup (I believe successfully) the Seasonal lighting that @RussM laid out in the Stickies. I tweaked his "Demo" profile to make a "Maintenance Light" and that is working as well.

I just tried to create another light mode by first creating a Profile for it and then a Virtual Outlet for it and finally, adding the following code to my WMX program:

Code:
    If Output LC_LPS = ON Then LC_LPS
    And I get this error:

Code:
    Send Failed

//Error: line 11 - Expected ON or OFF OR PFx  // If Output LC_LPS = ON Then LC_LPS
    I know Russ has this note in his stickie thread:

The order of the statements in the LED outlet is critical!
    And I am guessing that is where my issue lies, but I don't know what order my new code would need to be in.

Any thoughts?

The statement order will not cause an error like that. "Expected ON or OFF OR PFx" means that you have not specified ON, OFF, or a valid profile name. It appears that you do not have a profile named LC_LPS. Did you mistype the name of profile you defined for this?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes it was a simple typo, even though I doubled checked for those. Lol. Thanks for the help as always.

On another note, I expected the moon lights to come on at 2208 tonight and they did not. I did confirm the new moon date is correct and updated the rise/set times in the Season Table (least I think I did it for the moon, I know I did it for the sun).

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoimos View Post
    I expected the moon lights to come on at 2208 tonight and they did not.
    These are the kind of issues that result from statement order

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    These are the kind of issues that result from statement order
    Thanks. The moonlights did come on at some point last night as they were on when I woke up this morning at 0400. I'm guessing that the ramp up time for them had them on but not visible a few minutes after official moon rise.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Etoimos View Post
    Thanks. The moonlights did come on at some point last night as they were on when I woke up this morning at 0400. I'm guessing that the ramp up time for them had them on but not visible a few minutes after official moon rise.
    What are you using for moonlights and what statement are you using to set them? If the moonlights are dimmable and the statement is "If Moon XXX Then On", Apex will dim the moonlights based on the phase of the moon. Since I only run my LEDs at 1% for the moonlight, they only turn on when the moon phase is at 50% or brighter. I had to use a virtual outlet to work around this until I purchase dedicated moonlights.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    What are you using for moonlights and what statement are you using to set them? If the moonlights are dimmable and the statement is "If Moon XXX Then On", Apex will dim the moonlights based on the phase of the moon. Since I only run my LEDs at 1% for the moonlight, they only turn on when the moon phase is at 50% or brighter. I had to use a virtual outlet to work around this until I purchase dedicated moonlights.
    I'm using the Radion G4 Pro (rx30w) as both my day and moon lights. I'm using the Seasonal Table to control both.