Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power bar

The IEC certification would be a economic problem, of cost.

But if exist a 230V version, sell in USA and proofed by an US mark, we can buy directly overseas and import directly. So the CE mark iussue is bypassed.

We only pay extra the duty fee and local VAT.

But at this time, we don't have this option too.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    This is total speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a working prototype and are either dealing with logistics of mass producing them and/or going through the insane process of getting IEC approvals (the CE mark) which I have heard is a nightmare and can take years if they are backlogged. Neptune doesn't like to give release windows until they are absolutely certain all their ducks are in a row.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    yeah I agree it's all speculation and I can't see it being that hard to swap the 110v 60hz to 240v 50hz. I saw where a email was copied from neptune where a person asked if it's worth waiting for the new eb6 and there answer was no which again dosent mean alot and is probably good tactics as people buy the 2016 with the old eb6 then have to re buy the new energy bar once it releases.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warby View Post
    is probably good tactics as people buy the 2016 with the old eb6 then have to re buy the new energy bar once it releases.
    People like me, that have the WAV kit with 1LINK, the difference between EB6 and an new 2016 power bar EU was minimal, i think only the power monitoring for each socket. Interesting, but not fundamental. If you know your normal power cycle during the day, is easy to find a problem.

So i think that who buy now the hybrid 2016+EB6 will stay, not upgrade. IMHO, is only a "commercial" problem: here in EU we must pay the same (or more) price for a device that is "incomplete" and when in the future (near or not…) the new power bar will available, a free or more reasonable very discounted upgrade is not granted at this time.

It may be minimal but having the function avaliable in the USA but not any other contry is a bit poor. Yes the US is a bigger customer Base but all are just as important, If you are the global leader this should have never been a problem. This is where the competition can get a foot hold and challenge? Most of the system is data logging and a few on off commands, give it to a kid that can code and electronic wizard and you are away. There are other companies on this route all ready

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Indeed, the Neptune's big competitors are all European: GHL Profilux and Aquatronica.

Here in Italy we not are a great number, the most part of controller market is for Aquatronica (and now GHL is increasing the diffusion) : but Apex is more reliable in HW and SW, so my LFS is very interested and now sell apex (and some unhappy Aquatronica users are switching to Apex): they before don't know Apex but when I ask they if is possible to procure me years ago, they found and now sell.

Is very poor for us that the new interesting accessories (power bars, FMM, ATK, and so..) are not available and no date are know.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoMat View Post

Is very poor for us that the new interesting accessories (power bars, FMM, ATK, and so..) are not available and no date are know.
    The new interesting accessories with the exception of the energy bar itself can all be used with the classic apex or 2016 base unit. If they are not available from your local suppliers and you want them now, just order them from an American supplier and I'm sure they will gladly ship them international for you. All you would need to do is pick up a cable locally to replace the USA plug. The power supplies (when applicable) are universal.

Frequent Visitor
    I am not defending Neptune as I think it is disgraceful that they sell the 2016 model in countries where it is clearly not ready to be sold however the additional cost is not totally their fault. The key here is import tax and they have to pay extra to sell into the EU market so there is always going to be an uplift. In addition the shipping costs will be higher. Therefore those of us in the EU should expect to pay more for US products as the EU tax imports.
    The key point about the subject is the lack of clarity in not knowing if they will ever release the latest power bar for the EU market and if not, will they also start dropping other updates? Not knowing this is the reason I have switched from buying an Apex and now looking at products like GHL. I would hate to spend all this money on a controller, and let's face it, they are quite a financial commitment, and ending up not being able to get future functionality from the controller so they loose a sale.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Zombie, as the bar has electronics in it it won't work correctly in the UK as voltage and hz are different. But most electronic devices are designed for 110 to 230v.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownfishy View Post
    I am not defending Neptune as I think it is disgraceful that they sell the 2016 model in countries where it is clearly not ready to be sold however the additional cost is not totally their fault. The key here is import tax and they have to pay extra to sell into the EU market so there is always going to be an uplift. In addition the shipping costs will be higher. Therefore those of us in the EU should expect to pay more for US products as the EU tax imports.
    The key point about the subject is the lack of clarity in not knowing if they will ever release the latest power bar for the EU market and if not, will they also start dropping other updates? Not knowing this is the reason I have switched from buying an Apex and now looking at products like GHL. I would hate to spend all this money on a controller, and let's face it, they are quite a financial commitment, and ending up not being able to get future functionality from the controller so they loose a sale.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I agree with this 100%

ButGHL has some key features (to me) than APEX and the benefit the updated powerbar offers (US customers) isn't quite worth considering a Profilux 4 instead.

I've been in contact with GHL and they said things like graphs and logging of test parameters will come in future updates. It's great they are being upfront (unlike Neptune Systems), but that could be months down the line, although I am inclined to believe GHL...

I guess one needs to look at the newer powerbar and the old style (or current style in the UK) and see if the differences are more important than the differences of another controller, as I've highlighted above.

It may be months down the line must be faster than apex at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by graham.fish View Post
    Zombie, as the bar has electronics in it it won't work correctly in the UK as voltage and hz are different. But most electronic devices are designed for 110 to 230v.

That's why I said EXCEPT the bar. Someone was asking about other new modules like the FMM

Zombie sorry missed that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12