Thread: WXM - Vortech missing

Regular Vistor

WXM - Vortech missing

I searched for "Vortech Missing" but all I could find was initial setup or unanswered questions.

I have a WXM with four radions and two MP-60's on it. Everything works great, other than if a Vortech looses power. If it's a whole house outage, they seem fine. I'm assuming because the Apex and WXM themselves busy booting as well once power is restored.

However, power is lost to a Vortech but the Apex and WXM remain powered, once they are back on they show as missing in the display, as well as the WXM configuration. I have rebooted the Apex, power cycled the Vortech again, unplugged the WXM from the Aquabus, and even ran firmware update on the WXM (It was already current, just forcing it to cycle). Once I go through the process to re-connect them, they connect just fine, except they are seen as a new device. I then have to delete the old one, and reprogram the new one.

To clarify the Vortech losing power, but not the Apex, I have a total of four circuits. Three of those have either an EB832 or an EB4, so the Aquabus is always powered unless there is a whole house outage. It's in those cases where the Vortech powers down, and doesn't re-connect. I've narrowed my GFCI issue down to two of the four Radions, so I'll have that resolved at some point, but the issue is concerning if I were to be on vacation or a work trip. Easy enough to have house sitter reset a breaker. Reconnecting a Vortech, not so much

Are there any common issues I'm missing which would be causing me to have to manually reconnect them every time? I can simply pull the power cable and replicate it at least 75% of the time. Every now and then they come back on just fine. Sorry for the long post.

New User
    Same issue here. Please help.

Regular Vistor
    Same Issue here!

Regular Vistor
    I ended up putting both Vortechs and the Aquabus itself on a UPS and haven't had one go missing in six months now, while it was once almost daily. Some power issues were little flashes and even clocks and internet stayed ok, but a Vortech would drop. I never determined if putting just the pumps, or just the aquabus on UPS would do it as I intended both to be anyway at some point. I am working on a large, remotely located UPS anyway and was wired for it so I just put a small computer UPS in its place for now. It will only run about 5 minutes, but it covers my issues and keeps the pumps connected. I also was finding any power issue would cause them to go missing, not just those cases where only the circuit a pump was on had an issue.