Thread: Low Voltage on EB 832

New User

Low Voltage on EB 832

Why would my EB 832 be showing voltage of only 112 to 113? My other EB832 is showing 118. Possibly a problem with light fixture? Have two MH on this bar. Maybe the socket wiring on one of those?

Thanks!

Mark

Double check with a multimeter. All outlets in your house should have the same voltage even when large loads are connected. It's possible the eb832 just wasn't calibrated properly at the factory. If the voltage is actually that low with the halides on, you may have a failing wire or connection to that outlet (NEC requires no more than 2% voltage drop at breaker rating).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Hi Zombie,

Thanks for the response. Glad you are an engineer, because I am not!

I will pick up a meter and check it, but are you thinking the issue might be between the wall plug and the breaker box? I hope that is not the case because this wall plug was just installed with a new circuit by an electrician (poached the 30 amp dryer circuit). I was thinking it might be one of the MH lights plugged into the EB832. It did trip a GFCI at the wall plug at one point. With the low voltage, I get the yellow triangle on the Fusion display for that power bar.

Thanks!!!

The problem could not be caused by the halide. Voltage drop is either poor reading from the energy bar, undersized cable for the load, illegal load splitting, or poor connections between the cable and breaker or outlet. If your reading is confirmed with a multimeter, there is a very good chance the electrician made a mistake that may be against code. Once you confirm, we can open up that can of worms if we need to.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

If possible, swap the two EB832 power cords between the two circuits for 10-15 minutes and see what the Volts readings show.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks. I really appreciate it. I will pick up a meter and see what it says.

Thanks!
    Mark