Thread: Display Turning Off And Blinking

New User

Display Turning Off And Blinking

Just bought the Apex last week and decided that I wanted the Silver display with it.

When I hook up the display through the aquabus on the base unit, it will turn on for about 20 seconds and then go blank and start blinking orange. I have updated the firmware through fusion. Unplugged it multiple times. It does the same thing. I don't know why it keeps turning off after 20 seconds.

New User
    Neptune support email told me update firmware on the display module, and in the middle of it updating to unplug it and plug it back in. I did that and nothing has changed.

New User
    I don't think it's the display itself, as it worked for a little bit. Hoping somebody can help me and I don't have to send the display unit in.

New User
    Energy bar aquabus ports do the same thing. Display works for 20 seconds and then shuts off.

The only 2 module showing up are display for aquabus 1 regardless if it's plugged in or not and aquabus 2 for the energy bar. Both firmwares up to date.

Remove both the display module and the energy bar modules from the module list. Unplug them both from the aquabus. If you have external power to the base unit then remove that to reboot the Apex. Once it's back up plug the Display in and make sure it works before plugging in the Energy bar. If you don't have external power then plug the Energy bar in first and wait 1 minute and plug in the display.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    Remove both the display module and the energy bar modules from the module list. Unplug them both from the aquabus. If you have external power to the base unit then remove that to reboot the Apex. Once it's back up plug the Display in and make sure it works before plugging in the Energy bar. If you don't have external power then plug the Energy bar in first and wait 1 minute and plug in the display.
    Thanks, I'll try that after work.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    This worked great! Thank you! Apex display is fine now.

Great to hear. Glad it's up and working.

New User
    Display turned off again and no matter what I do, it will not turn back on. Just slowly blinks a faint orange.

I deleted the modules, Unplugged display and energy bar cords. Plugged in energy bar first, waited 10 seconds to a minute to plug in display on multiple attempts, Nothing.

I deleted display module, unplugged display cord. Nothing.

Tried deleting modules and plugging display and base cords into different aquabus, nothing.

Updated firmware multiple times, base would turn off and on with energy bar update, display would say updated. Nothing.

Display module always says ok and connected.

I can't even get the display to turn on at all now. Before I could at least get it to turn on for 20 seconds.

Don't know what else to do at this point.

New User
    Should I return it to Amazon and get a new one? It would be nice to know if my issue is with the display itself or with the Apex firmware.

Contact tech support.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Contacted them. Waiting for response. Last time they basically said to send it in and that was it when Kraize4acans solution worked the first time. I thought they could access my Apex and diagnose the situation on their end?