Thread: apex + ups

Regular Vistor

apex + ups

I'm rather new to apex and I'm wondering if I can set up my apc ups on my apex.
    what I would like to do us have the apex plugged into the ups but when the power goes off I don't want all of the sockets on the eb6 to stay on only my return pump on socket 3 so the batteries last longer on the ups.
    I'm using the UK version of the 2016 apex which cone with the old eb6

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What is the VA and watts rating on the UPS? If both are higher than the sum of all loads on the EB6 then you can do that. You just need a 12V power supply plugged into a wall outlet to the base unit with power monitor enabled.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    What is the VA and watts rating on the UPS? If both are higher than the sum of all loads on the EB6 then you can do that. You just need a 12V power supply plugged into a wall outlet to the base unit with power monitor enabled.

the ups is Apc1500 rated at 1kw. current full load on the eb6 is 300w heater, 2x54w t5, 2x54w t5, return pump 65w, skimmer 24w = 605W

so I plug the eb6 power lead into the ups then from a normal socket the 12v psu into the base unit enable power monitor, when the 12v drops off it knows there's a power cut then I would need to find out the programming to switch off all other sockets on the eb6 apart from the return (socket 3) and heater (socket 5).

Yep. Basically just add this code to anything you want off on power outage.

If Power Apex Off 000 Then OFF

apex + ups

The runtime of a standard 1500VA UPS will be really shortened if that heater kicks in. Consider running just the return pump, skimmer (to maintain aeration), and if you have powerheads, those during a power outage. I'm assuming you have a standard model, not an extended runtime UPS.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    cheers guys. what I currently run on the ups is my return and skimmer. the temp isnt really an issue (water volume exc rocks e.t.c. 650L) as the house is usually warm and it's a decent amount of water. I won't bother with the heater.
    from a quick search on the net I need a 1000ma 12v dc psu with a "size m" jack. will have to see what size m is over here as we go off the actual size in mm.

EDIT: foind online 2.1mm x 5.5mm is the correct size.