Thread: Can Wave and Tunze's be synced for inverse actions?

New User

Can Wave and Tunze's be synced for inverse actions?

Since I don't want to drop another $500 just to add one more powerhead (I'm max'd out with 3 WAV's on a 1 Link) I was wanting to know if I can setup a Tunze to run on an inverse cycle of my WAVs. I have an 8' x 3' x 30" tank with a center overflow. I'm running a WAV on the center of the overflow pointed towards the front in a downward angle. The other two WAV's are on opposite ends of the overflow and are also pointed down towards the front corners of the tank. When I run them in pulse mode they create a tiny wave. I'd like to mount my two Tunze 6095's in the upper front corners of the tank and pointed downward towards the overflow. I'm thinking if I can run them in inverse cycle of each other I'll be able to create a swirling effect in the tank.

Is this possible ?

No. The wave motions can only be synced between the same control type.

If you intentionally run them at a different pulsing period, you should get increased turbulence and generate the swirl you are looking for though.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    No. The wave motions can only be synced between the same control type.

If you intentionally run them at a different pulsing period, you should get increased turbulence and generate the swirl you are looking for though.

Thanks for the feedback.

So, how do you set the different pulsing period? Is it crap shoot or can you actually create some sort of profile to have them ramp up on an inverse cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by bobafet1 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

So, how do you set the different pulsing period? Is it crap shoot or can you actually create some sort of profile to have them ramp up on an inverse cycle?
    Use the pump type profile to get a pulse. the pulse period is the sum of the on and off times. Make sure that is different than the pulse period you use on the wavs to create turbulence.