Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can no longer access Apex

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlentz View Post
    You were using a gaming adapter right? Mine worked great for a long time until suddenly it didn't. I ended up running a hardwire after that happened. I needed to use my displays to reset the ip addressing manually. I had them unplugged at the time and had to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used to, but it went out on me too, so I switched to a wifi extender with ethernet port and have it directly plugged into the apex.

Frequent Visitor
    So I have an appointment tomorrow with a rep, but I have a question. What color should the lights be at the ethernet port?

The amber LED on the network jack should be lit at all times the Apex has power. The green LED should be lit when it is connected to another Ethernet device, like your router.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The amber LED on the network jack should be lit at all times the Apex has power. The green LED should be lit when it is connected to another Ethernet device, like your router.
    OK. Thats what they are.

Frequent Visitor
    So very weird. The tech called me today and we sent the first half hour trying to figure out why the extender wasn't working. I rebooted the APEX several times and then we plugged the apex directly to my laptop. It worked that way, so we left it as I should call the extender company or get a new one. As soon a we hung up, I could n longer even get it opened directly through the APEX. I rebooted again, and all of a sudden it works like normal. Very strange.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12