Thread: Apex fusion alarm log says time/offset off

Regular Vistor

Apex fusion alarm log says time/offset off

I just received a text that a failsafe kicked in on my tank. When I check the alarm log it shows the failsafe turning on as "time/ON/of outlet A5_AllOff = ON then ON".

There are two conditions which can cause the virtual A5 outlet to turn on, another virtual outlet A2 and a switch. Both have logging enabled.

The rest of the alarm log has multiple entries with no indication of the outlet: "time/OFF/set Off"

Any idea how to tell what the "time/OFF/set Off" entries belong to? Thoughts on why the two conditions which A5 checks for are not in the log?

This happened briefly yesterday and then a slew of them today- it's been running great for well over a year with no significant issue

Thanks!

Set OFF means the alarm cleared. The two conditions aren't showing in the log because you have to enable logging for outlets (VOs default to logging off) and switch states are not logged directly (you need to use a VO if you want to log them)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you for the response. The odd thing is that the outlet and the switch are set for logging. Also there are multiple set off statements in a row in the alarm log.

A reboot put an end to the cycle, fortunately we were by the tank, I don't know how to remotely reboot.

Might be a bug with this firmware possibly. I've seen several posts recently with alarm emails going off for no reason I could figure out that often fixed after a reboot. Might not hurt to send an email to support so they can pull some diagnostics to help find a pattern to create a fix if it is in fact a bug

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.