Thread: FMM Flow sensor programming

Frequent Visitor

FMM Flow sensor programming

Hi Guys

Need to know how to program emails and alarms when my pump drops below a certain liters per hour, here is the proble I have a breakout box with a toggle switch so when I feed etc I flick the switch and pump stops how do i program so the alarms don't keep coming on when I have that switch flicked. Below is a program that I tried.

Virtual Outlet: Lowflow
    Fallback OFF
    If Pumpof OPEN Then OFF (pumpof is the switch that opens to stop the pump)
    If FLx12_1 < 1500 Then ON

thanks for your help

If Pumpof OPEN Then OFF should be the last statement so it will take precedence over the If FLx12_1 line. You also have nothing to make the normal state of that output be OFF, and Fallback is not supported in a virtual outlet. Change Fallback OFF to Set OFF. You should give the flow sensor a meaningful name too.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Hi Russ

I have tried both ways I had the Pumpof statement last and I had Set off also but the alarm still came on, in regards to the flow sensor names I can't I try in the classic apex go to probes and the web browser times out and the Apex resets itself.

Quote Originally Posted by zobby View Post
    Hi Russ

I have tried both ways I had the Pumpof statement last and I had Set off also but the alarm still came on, in regards to the flow sensor names I can't I try in the classic apex go to probes and the web browser times out and the Apex resets itself.
    I would update your firmware and webpages. The only time I have had the apex reboot while accessing the classic dashboard was when my webpages didn't match my firmware.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Hi Zombie

I updated to the latest when I got the flow meters webpages and firmware is there any other way to change the flow meter names.

Thanks

Contact tech support about the reboot - it's a known issue.

As for the VO, use this:

Set OFF
    If FLx12_1 < 1500 Then ON
    If Pumpof OPEN Then OFF

If that still doesn't work - what is the actual alarm message? Do you have a statement for the flow value in your email output program too? Are you sure the switch is open when you flip it? Perhaps it should be If Pumpof CLOSED Then OFF?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regarding the switch line, you would be better off replacing that with

If Outlet Returnname = OFF Then OFF

Then you won't get the alarm when you feed, turn off for maintenance, etc.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Guys

All fixed needed to restart the Apex and the original programmed work. Yes Russ I will contact support in regards to the reboot issue.

Thank you all for your help

Frequent Visitor
    Can you change the name of the flow sensor? FLX7_1 is not what I prefer to call my Chiller ...LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    Can you change the name of the flow sensor? FLX7_1 is not what I prefer to call my Chiller ...LOL..
    Yes. It's in the classic dashboard.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yes. It's in the classic dashboard.

Thank you...Where is it, I dont find it under module setup

Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    Thank you...Where is it, I dont find it under module setup
    I don't remember. I thought it was in module setup where you configure the FMM, but if it's not there, try the probe page.