Thread: ATK sending too many texts

ATK sending too many texts

Good morning everyone!
    I have the ATK up and running, pretty happy with its behavior...except that it's sending me texts incessantly through the day.

Currently these are my settings in my EmailAlm_I5 area. Anyone able to share their script they're using?

Set OFF
    If Tmp > 82.0 Then ON
    If Tmp < 75.0 Then ON
    If Error ATK Then ON
    If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then ON

What do the texts say? Which statement is triggering them, the If Error or the If Sw5_2 line?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    What do the texts say? Which statement is triggering them, the If Error or the If Sw5_2 line?
    "Status: ON
    Statement: If Swx5_2 CLOSED
    Then ON"

Sends it almost hourly

That means either your high sensor is submerged or needs to be cleaned.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That means either your high sensor is submerged or needs to be cleaned.

Interesting - well, my guess since its brand new and only been on there for a couple weeks its referring to being submerged. Any recommendation on how to tell the thing to stop letting me know that it filled up and is happy?

Shutting off the alarm or changing the programming to prevent that alarm is not the "right answer." If the high sensor is covered with water, something is wrong. Normal ATO operations are controlled by the low optical sensor; the high sensor is a safety measure.

Is the ATK bracket positioned properly, with the center point of the low optical sensor at the desired sump water level? Does the water level in the sump fluctuate?

Post the programming for the ATK pump. Did you use the ATK Task in APEX Fusion? Did you change the resultant programming in any way?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessReefer View Post
    Interesting - well, my guess since its brand new and only been on there for a couple weeks its referring to being submerged. Any recommendation on how to tell the thing to stop letting me know that it filled up and is happy?
    The way I do it on mine is with a "shut up apex" virtual outlet.

ShutUp
    Set OFF
    Defer 720:00 Then OFF

Email
    (Existing code)
    If Outlet ShutUp = ON Then OFF

I tap the outlet to manual ON and then set back to auto and it stops all emails for 12 hours.

Hi Russ! Thanks for the reply,
    I'm not using the ATK pump, as I have this as a direct feed via the Solenoid to the RODI system. I know that makes some of you freak out but I've been doing direct feed for years and never had an issue with my old float valve. I also haven't gotten around to figuring out the double optical sense setup to use the combo of the PMUP, 2 sensors combo in the ATO reservoir my sump has; not to mention its another $50 I'd have to spend right now that I don't want to.

I will go and review though when I get home today to see about that top water sensor going off and where its positioned. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Shutting off the alarm or changing the programming to prevent that alarm is not the "right answer." If the high sensor is covered with water, something is wrong. Normal ATO operations are controlled by the low optical sensor; the high sensor is a safety measure.

Is the ATK bracket positioned properly, with the center point of the low optical sensor at the desired sump water level? Does the water level in the sump fluctuate?

Post the programming for the ATK pump. Did you use the ATK Task in APEX Fusion? Did you change the resultant programming in any way?

Is it possible you simply placed the upper sensor a little too low? If the alarm is constantly going off and you feel the water lever in the sump is at an except able level why not move the upper sensor so it's just above this level?

Hi Bigjim, its possible, the thing is the two sensors are really close to each other and what I'm noticing is that the float valve is basically in line with the top sensor. Is everyone still using their float valve?

Frequent Visitor
    You can adjust the float up or down manually

I am using the float valve. I like having a manual backup in case something goes wrong with the electrical stuff.

Regular Vistor
    I should have looked at my sensors a little closer before installing the assembly in the tank.

Are the sensors adjustable in the assembly?

I have had a few times the water after refilling went higher than the first optical sensor and triggered the second one. They are quite close to each other.

Frequent Visitor
    It sounds like to much water is getting sent to sump when ATK triggers. Is the source mounted higher than the sump? Maybe causing a syphon effect...

Quote Originally Posted by linko View Post
    I should have looked at my sensors a little closer before installing the assembly in the tank.

Are the sensors adjustable in the assembly?

I have had a few times the water after refilling went higher than the first optical sensor and triggered the second one. They are quite close to each other.
    Sometimes I add a little too much water during water changes and that sets off the high water alarm. Wish I could disable the alarm for a while when that happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    If I over fill either of mine, on the "stand alone" unit I pull the power cable. On the ATK to Apex Classic I disable ATK in Fusion until level again.