Thread: Power outage leading to no connection

Regular Vistor

Power outage leading to no connection

Hello everyone, I believe this is a somewhat common problem so I am sure it has been addressed several times. Because we all use different equipment and hook up methods however I know these are sort of a case by case, so I'm hoping some one here can help.

So my issue is every time my house experiences a power outage, no matter how long or short, my Apex cannot re-connect and becomes essentially useless. This is no problem if I'm home because I simply reboot or unplug and it fixes things. However, when I'm not home and this happens it completely defeats the purpose of why I originally bought my Apex, the security and peace of mind while I'm away.

So here are my details. I am running a Classic Apex Gold system that is hard wired (ethernet) to my Apple Time Capsule router that is connected to my Xfinity Arris Surfboard SB6183.

Some one, please help

Try changing from DHCP to static if you haven't already. Apple routers are notorious for DHCP request issues. Use a high number that easy to remember like 192.168.1.111 or 192.168.1.123

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    That's the thing. I figured I needed to do something along those lines. I just don't know how.

In network settings, change DHCP to off. Then go to ip address and just change the last octet to something large (for example 192.168.1.5 would change to 192.168.1.123, 10.10.10.5 would change to 10.10.10.123, etc.)

Regular Vistor
    Hey Zombie, thank you for all of your help on this. So I followed the steps above turning off the DHCP and also change the ip as described. This caused my apex to lose its connection to Fusion. Is there another step I'm missing?

Did you reboot it?

Regular Vistor
    I did.

What was the ip before and what did you assign the new one to be?

Regular Vistor
    10.0.1.40 has been changed to 10.0.1.234

Try 123 instead of 234. If that still gives problems try something between 50 and 99. Some routers, but not many reserve 200-255 for other tasks.

Regular Vistor
    Tried both, resetting each time. Still, reads no communication to Fusion after words.

Quote Originally Posted by porifera23 View Post
    Tried both, resetting each time. Still, reads no communication to Fusion after words.
    Might be time for a tech call then with neptune support. Sounds like you might have a problem with your router or apex Ethernet port.

Regular Vistor
    Okay. Thank you again for your help. I will reach out to them and keep you posted.

Regular Vistor
    How long are your power outages lasting? You could use a ups backup to power your modem, router and apex base unit, that's what I do, works a treat, with all those powered up during an outage you can also setup an email alarm that tells you when power is lost to your energy bar