Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need to program DOS

Quote Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
    Using a Mac. Is that any different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same regardless of Mac or pc. It might not be called ipv4 properties in a Mac though.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Don't do a direct connection between the computer and the Apex. That's making it far more difficult. Connect the Apex and the computer both to the router.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Don't do a direct connection between the computer and the Apex. That's making it far more difficult. Connect the Apex and the computer both to the router.
    That's not going to be possible. Router sits in a different room. And there's no ethernet plug by the apex. That's the reason I'm using the powerline adapters.

Frequent Visitor
    That's not going to be possible. Router sits in a different room. And there's no ethernet plug by the apex. That's the reason I'm using the powerline adapters.

Get long cat5 cables on Amazon. They are dirt cheap. No need to make it any more complicated. Just use them temporarily if you want.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlentz View Post
    Get long cat5 cables on Amazon. They are dirt cheap. No need to make it any more complicated. Just use them temporarily if you want.

Would it be the same thing if I connected the Apex to a switch which is connected to my router? And my computer is connected to that switch.

Would it be the same thing if I connected the Apex to a switch which is connected to my router? And my computer is connected to that switch.
    Yes, that should be fine.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Yes. And direct connection between the two will also work with some tweaks to the adaptor settings. Whichever way is easiest for you.

Frequent Visitor
    OK got the firmware and webpages updated. Thanks for all the support.

Fusion still will not work. I cannot figure out why. In any case I have entered the parameters you suggested for 5 ml dosing. If I need to dose more each time do I create a new profile? So if I need 8 ml do I create a DOS_8ml profile? And then will the dose rate need to be higher?
    In the meantime, you can use profiles and traditional time-based programming.

Since we will be doing only a single dose each time, the Dose Interval is not really needed - I've used 9999 simply because there needs to be something in that field (0 is not a valid value here), and I use 9999 to clearly indicate to myself that there is no repetition desired.

In my example, we'll dose part A at 9AM and 9PM, and Part B at midnight, 6AM, noon, and 6PM.

[DOS_PartA]
    Set OFF
    If Time 09:00 to 09:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 21:00 to 21:01 Then DOS_5ml

[DOS_PartB]
    Set OFF
    If Time 00:00 to 00:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 06:00 to 06:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 18:00 to 18:01 Then DOS_5ml

It will take about 42 seconds to add 5ml at a rate of 7ml/minute; after that 5ml amount is dosed, the pump will stop even through the outputs will turned on for a total of 2 minutes at the specified times.

You only need to create a second profile (and modify to programming that uses controls dosing if that additive) if you want one additive to be dosed in a different quantity per dose than the other additive. If you want to increase the per-dose amount for both, just edit the existing profile - name and amount. I kept it simple and just used one profile because you wanted to dose both additives in the same per-dose quantity.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok is this correct if I want to dose Part A 8 ml 3 times daily?

I create a profile DOS_8ml, forward 14 ml/min with 8 ml per dose amount.

[DOS_PartA]
    Set OFF
    If Time 09:00 to 09:01 Then DOS_8ml
    If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then DOS_8ml
    If Time 21:00 to 21:01 Then DOS_8ml

You only need to create a second profile (and modify to programming that uses controls dosing if that additive) if you want one additive to be dosed in a different quantity per dose than the other additive. If you want to increase the per-dose amount for both, just edit the existing profile - name and amount. I kept it simple and just used one profile because you wanted to dose both additives in the same per-dose quantity.

Ok is this correct if I want to dose Part A 8 ml 3 times daily?

I create a profile DOS_8ml, forward 14 ml/min with 8 ml per dose amount.

[DOS_PartA]
    Set OFF
    If Time 09:00 to 09:01 Then DOS_8ml
    If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then DOS_8ml
    If Time 21:00 to 21:01 Then DOS_8ml
    Yep

Frequent Visitor
    Been running it with 5 ml but I may need to change dosing amounts. If I want to dose only 3 or 4 ml what do I need to change?
    Contact Neptune tech support about the Fusion connectivity issue. Resolving that and then being able to use Apex Fusion in general and specifically for fast and easy programming of your DŌS for programming is the best long-term thing to do.

In the meantime, you can use profiles and traditional time-based programming.

Define a single DŌS profile:

Attachment 7477

Since we will be doing only a single dose each time, the Dose Interval is not really needed - I've used 9999 simply because there needs to be something in that field (0 is not a valid value here), and I use 9999 to clearly indicate to myself that there is no repetition desired.

In my example, we'll dose part A at 9AM and 9PM, and Part B at midnight, 6AM, noon, and 6PM.

[DOS_PartA]
    Set OFF
    If Time 09:00 to 09:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 21:00 to 21:01 Then DOS_5ml

[DOS_PartB]
    Set OFF
    If Time 00:00 to 00:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 06:00 to 06:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 18:00 to 18:01 Then DOS_5ml

It will take about 42 seconds to add 5ml at a rate of 7ml/minute; after that 5ml amount is dosed, the pump will stop even through the outputs will turned on for a total of 2 minutes at the specified times.

Been running it with 5 ml but I may need to change dosing amounts. If I want to dose only 3 or 4 ml what do I need to change?
    Just go into the profile and change the 5ml to your desired dose.

Frequent Visitor
    So I need to create another profile for the dose amount?
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Just go into the profile and change the 5ml to your desired dose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12