Thread: Under cabinet lights

New User

Under cabinet lights

First post, so I hope this is the right area. Anyways, I got my under cabinet lights installed and working via the break out box with a magnetic switch. Although I was wondering is there any code to make the lights time out? For instance if I left the cabinet door open the lights would automatically shut off after 30 mins or so.
    Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

When asking for help like this, it's best to post your existing programming up front so that the expert users here can work with what you have rather than giving generic advice or making guesses about what you currently have in place.

If your Apex Jr has the latest firmware installed, you can make use of a newly-introduced programming statement, 'When'. If you do not have firmware version 4.52_5A17 (or later) installed, update to the latest. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates/

I am going to assume that you have programming similar to this:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If DoorSw OPEN Then ON

Just add this to the end:

When ON > 030:00 Then OFF

What this does is tell that Apex that if the output is ON for more than 30 minutes, to go to OFF. You will actually find the slider in the Classic Dashboard and Apex Fusion be in the manual OFF (rather than AUTO) position if this happens. To return to normal operation, slide the slider to AUTO.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

When asking for help like this, it's best to post your existing programming up front so that the expert users here can work with what you have rather than giving generic advice or making guesses about what you currently have in place.

If your Apex Jr has the latest firmware installed, you can make use of a newly-introduced programming statement, 'When'. If you do not have firmware version 4.52_5A17 (or later) installed, update to the latest. https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates/

I am going to assume that you have programming similar to this:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If DoorSw OPEN Then ON

Just add this to the end:

When ON > 030:00 Then OFF

What this does is tell that Apex that if the output is ON for more than 30 minutes, to go to OFF. You will actually find the slider in the Classic Dashboard and Apex Fusion be in the manual OFF (rather than AUTO) position if this happens. To return to normal operation, slide the slider to AUTO.
    Awesome! Thank you!! Although when I first hooked up the switch to the bob I used the programming you put and that made the lights come on when the door was closed.
    So I'm using
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Door CLOSED Then ON

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk